Chapter 3

¦Chapter 3¦

+++

When (Y/n) woke up, she wasn't in her room, but in her brother's.

Sleeping on the cold floor while he got to sleep in his make shift bed, which she thought was fair since this was his room but it still didn't stop her from feeling irritated she slept on floor the entire night. If she could've chose, she would've preferred to be left on the couch.

She sat up, her gaze staring holes into her brother's back before he eventually turned around to face her.

"So you are awake."

"No thanks to a certain someone." He rolled his eyes. "What are you even doing in my room?"

"That's what I'd like to know," she huffed, pausing. "Wait, you didn't bring me here?"

"Why would I do that?" he deadpanned. "You have your own room and I prefer if people don't stare holes into my back while I sleep."

"Fair enough," she shrugged, "Right! We fell asleep on the couch, mom or dad must've dragged us here since your room is closer to the living room."

"If we fell asleep, that means we missed meeting them."

"Ugh," Hiro grimaced. "Now I just feel awkward."

"Same."

The two sat in front of each other, the room enveloped in an awkward silence since the two of them were far too nervous to go outside and greet theur bee siblings.

Soon the dreaded time arrived when they heard someone knocking on the door. She sighed, it was probably their mom telling them to come out for breakfast and neither of them wanted to look like kids who refused to eat breakfast since they didn't want to meet their new siblings.

(Y/n) opened the door, expecting it to be their mother but instead was greeted by a younger and pretty woman.

"Y-yes?" (Y/n) didn't mean to stutter but she was caught off guard by the sight of someone new (which she presumed was her older sister).

"Your-well I guess our mother now, said to come out and have breakfast." She smiled. "That's right, my name's Tomioka Tsutako, though I guess it'll be (L/n) Tsutako soon. I hope we can get along."

"Likewise," (Y/n) replied in a daze. "Excuse me for a bit, we'll be there soon."

(Y/n) gently closed the door and turned back to her older brother, quickly making her way towards him.

"She's so pretty. I don't need you anymore nii-san, all I need is my pretty new nee-san," she told him, lowering her voice to make sure no one from the outside heard her.

"I can't believe you (Y/n)," Hiro started, an annoyed smile on his face as he grabbed his sister's hand and made his way to the door. "I've known you far longer than they have and you're doing this to me?"

"It's because I know you longer that I'm doing this." She stuck her tongue out at him, following him out to the kitchen.

She first made eye contact with someone who she presumed to be her older brother, Giyuu. She had to admit that Hiro and Giyuu look a bit too alike.

(Y/n) and Giyuu just sort of stared at each other, since she was too nervous to look away. Eventually, it was Giyuu who turned away first, refusing to meet anyone's eye after breakfast ended.

Recalling the events earlier this breakfast, (Y/n) was brainstorming ideas for how to get along with her new siblings. She had no problem with Tsutako as Tsutako was really friendly but she had a bit of trouble with Giyuu.