Chapter 2

¦Chapter 2¦

+++

Muichirou entered the café near campus after he, along with his friends, received a text from Giyuu asking them to meet up with him at the café. It was the first time Giyuu ever asked to meet up out of the blue and everyone (including Shinobu and Sanemi) was genuinely worried, considering what happened to him recently.

They didn't probe Giyuu for questions once all of them had gathered, instead they ordered drinks and snacks as they waited for Giyuu to say something.

"My sister and I are getting adopted," he said taking a long sip of his drink. "By my mother's friend."

"What about relatives?" Gyoumei asked.

"They all have excuses," he said, taking another long sip. "They don't want us."

"We're here for you," Shinobu genuinely tried to console Giyuu without any mockery.

He didn't say anything this time, he just nodded his head to acknowledge Shinobu's earlier statement.

"Who's adopting you though?" Tengen asked, his elbow propped up on the table as he rested his cheek against his palm.

"I think they introduced themselves as the (L/n)'s."

Muichirou paused for a moment upon hearing the name (L/n), he wanted to ask Giyuu more about the (L/n)'s but now obviously wasn't the right time. He needed support, not endless questions.

"Call me up if they ever abuse you guys," Sanemi offered, a grin on his face as he harbored wicked thoughts. "I'm down to kick some adult ass."

"While I don't wholeheartedly agree with Shinazugawa-san, I can help with the clean up." Shinobu smiled. "There's this inconspicuous river on the way back to school. People hardly go there, so it's a good place to dump a body, or two."

"Language Shinazugawa," Gyoumei chided. "You too Shinobu."

"Hai hai," Shinobu said softly. "I'll be more careful on who hears me next time."

"Who cares about language?! I just want a fight!"

"See, this is why Ubuyashiki-sama almost gave up on you and nearly handed you to Kibutsuji-sama's care!" Kyojurou added.

"Like hell do I want to be reprimanded by that gangster looking freak!" Sanemi protested.

"He's still a principal Shinazugawa-san, you shouldn't badmouth others," Shinobu warned. At least, not when there are people who know who you're talking about.

"This is why you watch your language." Obanai rolled his eyes, moving his mask slightly as he took the straw to his lips. "If you want to curse someone, make sure no one hears you. This is why you're always getting in trouble."

An argument ensued between Obanai and Sanemi. The staff of the café weren't even surprised, they just sighed, rolled their eyes, and continued on with their work.

Giyuu had a small smile on his face watching his new friends bicker. There was just something about them that always cheered him up, no matter how over the top their jokes are.

•••

"But is adoption necessary?" (Y/n) asked her parents in the living room as they watched random movies that gets recommended to them. "Don't you think they'd like to keep their last names?"

"Well, that was a concern but I met up with the two of them and asked if they'd like to keep their last names or take ours."

"And?" Hiro asked. "What's the verdict?"

"Surprisingly enough they were fine having their last names changed," their mother answered. "I actually thought they were going to keep their last names."

"Maybe dad just scared them to the point they agreed," (Y/n) shrugged.

"What?! I would never!"

"Ha? You're so mean dad, you're picking on two kids who just went through something tragic," Hiro added, only making their (scary looking but doting) father sadder.

"I said it isn't like that," their dad sulked, "why won't you two believe me?"

"Don't be so hard on your father, he works hard."

"Alright. I just hope they're nice siblings."

"Finally gave in to your fate as the youngest child, huh?" Hiro said mockingly as (Y/n) hit him on the head.

"Sorry, my hand slipped." She giggled. "Then again, your head is just too big."

•••

"I'm actually really nervous to meet them," (Y/n) confessed to her older brother as the two of them waiting inside the living room for their parents to arrive with their new siblings.

"You can say that again, just thinking of it is giving me anxiety."

"Imagine this is a Cinderella situation but there's no prince or fairy godmother and the dad doesn't die. Instead, they're all just actually nice to each other."

"Just say you want to get along with them."

"I'm sorry, I'm just really nervous to meet them," she said again. "What if they hate us?"

"Then I'll challenge him to the title of best older brother."

"That won't help anybody!" She yelled, glaring at her brother who bursted out laughing.

"There, you're not that nervous, are you?"

"Oh yeah, you're right," she answered. "I guess you can be nice, nii-san."

"'Can be nice'?" he scoffed. "I am nice, you're just blind."

"I take everything back," she said while staring at him blankly. "There's no need to fight. I'll just give the title of best nii-san to him."

"Now you're going too far!"

•••

"That took longer than expected." (Y/n) and Hiro's (and technically Giyuu's and Tsukato's) father laughed a bit awkwardly. "I'm not very good with directions."

"It's fine," Tsukato reassured. "I'm just thankful you agreed to look after us."

"No need to thank me, we'll be family soon."

Giyuu stood next to his older sister, letting her do all the talking as he just sort of stood there awkwardly. He was never one to socialize and being adopted by someone he's never met only made it worse.

"Oh my," their mother gasped. "It seems the two fell asleep waiting for us."

Giyuu poked his head into the living room where a pair of siblings was currently fast asleep on the couch. It looked like the two of them had a fight (or were they playing? Giyuu wasn't entirely sure), and fell asleep next to each other.

As their new parents showed then their rooms, Giyuu concluded that the two siblings didn't seem to be bad, having been waiting for them to arrive of their own accord as even their parents seemed surprised.

Giyuu had a little hope.

Maybe they could get along.