His Letter

Night fell upon Hogwarts as the 3 girls were in Noelle and Emily's dorm getting ready for the ball.

Hermione has her hair in tight curls. With a flowy pink dress that seemed to fit her far to perfectly.

Emily's dress was a strapping red off the shoulder dress. Her hair as well was curled, letting the yellow in her hair that hadn't seemed to leave since earlier this morning show underneath.

As the other two girls got ready Noelle sat on her bed, staring blankly at the dress hung upon the wall by her wardrobe. The beautiful black v-neck dress and her silver heels sitting beneath it on the floor.

"Girls? Are you ready?" A voice asked, knocking on the door as he spoke.

"Come on in George!" Emily replied as she finished her last touch ups with her makeup.

Following in behind George was Ron and Harry, accompanied by their dates.

"You girls look lovely." Emily smiled as she pulled the two in for a hug. They hadn't been close but when it came to you dating a Weasley, you tended to get to know friends of theirs.

"I'm sorry Noelle." Harry sighed as he sat beside her on the bed, pulling her in for a hug as she finally drew her eyes away from her dress.

"You could always come with us anyways. I'm sure George wouldn't mind sharing a few dances with you." Emily said as she looked over to her best friend.

"Yeah nor would Ron." Padma spoke up making Noelle smile at their kind offers.

"Me too, I mean you are my sister and I wouldn't want to leave you all alone while there's a hall going on downstairs.." Harry said as he stood off the bed and looked down at the girl.

"Really guys, I'm fine. Go have fun! I'll be here when you get back." She smiled towards them as they began to exit the room leaving only her and Hermione.

"Aren't you leaving?" Noelle asked as she spotted her across the room.

"I don't know if I'm ready.." she panicked, pacing back and forth.

"Get out hermione! Go have fun with Victor!" Noelle said as she pushed the girl out of the room till the door shut and the room fell silent.

She looked around the room for a quick second as if she didn't recognize the place. Which she didn't. Emily had completely redone it since she last stayed in here. Fred's dorm had become hers for a while and rarely did she ever stay in her own.

She walked over the the dress and held in in front of her, twirling in front of the mirror.

"What a waste of a nice gown.." she sighed, hanging it back up and moving towards the dresser which held pictures of her friends and belongings of hers she had yet to take to Fred's dorm.

"4 months..." she whispered as she picked up a picture of her and Fred standing outside of hogsmeade together.

"7 months.." she sighed as she picked up a gold necklace with a golden snitch on it. She twirled it around in her fingers for a moment before being startled by a knock at the door.

She swung the door open expecting one of the girls had forgot something when she was met with Fred Weasley, and a bouquet of flowers.

"Fred." She stated, not moving from the doorframe to allow him in.

"Please...Noelle please." He begged as she watched a single petal fall from the pink roses in his hands.

He was in the red suit they had picked out together. They had assumed their outfits would look good together but didn't exactly plan for this outcome.

~5 hours earlier~

"Fred let go!" She laughed as he picked her up and swung her towards the black lake.

"Okay okay! I'm sorry!"

"That's all you had to say." He smiled, setting the girl down against a tree opposite of the lake and pressed a kiss to her lips.

"Can I go back to my book now?" She asked looking up at him with a smile.

"Yes love." He laughed, sitting beside her, reading over her shoulder.

"Noelle black?" A kid said as he approached the couple, his hands were trembling and he approached slowly and with caution.

"Yes?" She asked, standing up which made him stumble backwards.

"I- I have a- a letter for- for you.." he trembled as he held out the letter for her to take which she did while looking at him with a confused look.

"Who from?"

"I'm- I'm not sure..some guy named josh-"

"Josh?" Fred asked, standing up and taking the letter from her hands.

"Fred piss off and give it back!" She demanded, taking back her letter as she watched the little kid run off.

"Noelle-"

"Who's josh?"

"No one Noelle, please give me the letter."

"No. I'd like to read it first."

~Now~

"Your a liar Fred. You lied to me. For months!"

"Please- I did it to keep you safe! To keep us safe!"

"No. You did this for you. You could have told me at any time and you decided not to."

"We all decided not to!"

"What.." she stumbled backwards. Fred took it to his advantage and rushed into the room durning her shock.

"That all knew..."

"Yes."

"They- all my friends- they all knew?"

"Yes we thought this would be best." He sighed as he sat on the bed, placing the flowers behind him.

"I want to know everything. Tell me every god damn thing about him."

"He hurt you Noelle. He abused you and he did things and he tried to make us break up- HE DID! Everything in that letter- he's a fake. You can't let him in your head."

"Why after all this time did he get in contact with me?"

"I don't know love.." he sighed, pulling her arm to sit beside him.

She broke in his arms as she sobbed into his chest.

"We should go." He smiled, standing up and pulling her to her feet, wiping away her tears.

"What?"

"The ball. We're going to the ball."