He got up from his chair and ran up the stairs to the boys' dorms. Eleanor shook her head and sighed. Before she knew it there were three eager 12-year-old boys seated around her.

"Well," James began, "What's the news Sirius was so excited about?"

Eleanor rolled her eyes, "There is no news," she said resolutely, putting away her stuff, but Sirius was quick to snatch the parchment with notes out of her hand.

He presented it to his friends proudly, "This is the news, my dear comrades."

James and Peter frowned.

"We," he pointed at the four of them, "Are going to become Animagi," he grinned.

"Sirius just stop it, we are not going to become Animagi," she took the piece of parchment from his hands, "One, because it is too difficult, and two because it's super illegal."

The three boys exchanged glances before James said, "You really don't know us, do you," shaking his head disapprovingly. 

"Illegal is our middle name, Ella," Sirius grinned at her.

"Actually, I don't have a middle-"

"Shhh Peter!" said James irritatedly.

Eleanor rubbed a hand across her forehead, "But it's dangerous guys, thinks could go horribly wrong!" she uttered, "I don't think we should do it."

"Not even for Remus," Sirius said earnestly, looking at her.

Her gaze met his, "How do you-"

"I did some research on werewolves after dinner," he explained, "We only get to learn about them in our third year. But I know they don't hurt other animals, not if they don't have to."

"Well, that's it then. We're doing it," James said, grabbing the notes to examine them.

Eleanor frowned, "Are you really willing to risk your lives for this?" she looked between the three of them.

James and Sirius nodded immediately. And after hesitating a bit, Peter did too. Eleanor looked up at the ceiling and sighed deeply, biting the inside of her cheek.

"Okay, we need to come up with a plan," she said looking at Sirius, who was grinning like a maniac.

"This is highly advanced magic, something we shouldn't be doing at school at all," she grabbed a spare piece of parchment, "We need to plan out everything." 

James nodded, "I completely agree on that, we need to know what we're doing, so I suggest we also pay more attention in our classes, maybe we can pick up some valuable information," to which the others agreed eagerly.

"The first step requires keeping a Mandrake leaf in your mouth for an entire month, from full moon to full moon, so it's a good thing I keep track of those," she got a little book out of her bag, "The next full moon should be on October 22nd, so-"

"Hang on, hang on," Sirius said, holding up his hand, furrowing his eyebrows, "As much as I want this to happen as soon as possible, we can't do this now, we're far too inexperienced."

Eleanor's eyes widened, "Did you- Did you just say something serious?"

The others shared some glances before breaking down into laughter. When it finslly sank in, she smacked Sirius on his arm. 

"Oh you know what I mean," she chuckled, blushing lightly.

"Yeah but that was hilarious," said James, wiping away some tears.

After he had calmed down, Sirius proceeded with his argument, "I think we should at least wait another six months before we start to do something with this, else it'll just be too dangerous."

They all nodded, a bit bummed out by the truth. But he was right, if they would start now, the chances of it going wrong would be too big. There was just too much at stake.

James yawned and checked the time, "Merlin's beard, it's 1 AM already, we've been going on about this for way too long," he stood up from his seat, "G'night you guys."

Peter followed his actions and they both went up to bed. But Eleanor didn't feel like sleeping, so she just stared out the window again.

"Shouldn't you go to bed too," Sirius chuckled, getting up, "You look tired."

She shrugged, "Maybe."

Sirius smiled shortly, "C'mon, he'll be fine, let's get you to bed."

"You can't even go up there," she chuckled when Sirius grabbed her hand and pulled her out of the chair.

"But I can escort you to the stairs madam," he said gentlemanly, guiding her over to the other side of the room where the stairs lead to the girls' dormitories.

She laughed and shook her head.

"Thank you, kind sir," she bowed.

Sirius took off an invisible hat, "The pleasure is all mine, lady Lupin."

Eleanor smiled, and just before she wanted to let go, Sirius planted a soft kiss on the back of her hand. She felt herself going red. He was grinning slightly as his grey eyes looked up at her.

"Er, g-goodnight," she stammered, before quickly running up the stairs.

Sirius chuckled as he thought back on their evening, "Are you being serious?" he said to himself, shaking his head, "The hilarity.