Chapter two

*present day*

My eyes fluttered, staying shut," Where am I?"

"Is she gonna be okay?" I heard a familiar voice.

"It's been a while." Another voice said.

" How long has it been?" A guy voice said this time.

"Nine years...." Her voice trailed off.

What!?! How long have I been what? I tried to put the puzzle together in my head. I had my eyes closed and my body felt weird, as if I havent moved in ages. I opened my eyes....no one was there. Where was I? I thought I heard voices, I guess I was just hearing my memories. Am I going insane?

I saw someone walk in and I quickly examined "my body" and closed my eyes. I didn't even know who's body I was in.

Lucas

I was sent in here to do a check up, but I thought I saw her eyes twitch. I stepped closer. I've admired her for this eleven months that I have spent here. I'm a helper in this hospital and I'm staying for a year. It's part of my probation. I was ordered by law to do an internship. But I'm not complaining, I like staying in this room, staring at her, memorizing her details.

I'm 16 years old, just turned 16 a month ago in November. Now its December and people don't seem to notice that Christmas is right around the corner. I have seen a few decorations every here and there, but not much.

What I want for Christmas is for her to wake up. I want Cara to wake up.

Not very many people acknowledge me or Cara, but even if they did, it always seems like its us against the world or we are the only people left in it.

Am I imagining things, or did her eyes just open for a second....

Cara

I finally gave in and opened my eyes, he probably saw me open them for a second anyway.

My eyes crept open, slowly. The light burned my eyes.

He was staring at me.

That's creepy.

He hurried over to my bed, as if he was seeing a dead body come to life.

"Hi," he smiled. His smile, it was beautiful. He placed his hand on my arm, as if he had known me all of his life.

"You have been asleep for a while now. Y you....." His voice trailed off. He took his hand off of my arm.

" I'm sorry, I just don't know how to put this." He sounded uneasy. " You have been in a coma for most of your life." Wow, he just came right out with that. I couldn't get up with all of the wires that were attached to me, and I couldn't move regardless. I literally could not move. I couldn't feel my body and I could only move my head.

I tried to say something, but all that came out was a distressed squeak.

My heartbeat quickened, I started panting, and getting out of breath. He opened his mouth to say something, but I spoke first.

" A coma?" I said in a squeaky tone. He nodded and sat down next to me.

" Cara, I-" he started to talk, but I was looking for answers.

" Wait, how do you know my name?" My voice was a bit clearer this time. He pointed to a sticker that said,"Lucas, volunteer worker."

" oh, I'm sorry." My voice was clearing up now. He leaned onto my bed, putting his hand on my arm again, I nudged him off, this time able to move.

" listen I know you're scared but I can help you with whatever you need." His voice was sweet and I was starting to accept what was happening." Okay?" I stared into his eyes, nothing was breaking our gaze.

" Okay." I was freaking out. He is so nice and not to mention cute. He leaned over with his lips insanely close to my ear. He wispered gently, it sent chills down my spine.

" I like you." He then got up and left.

***
Eeeek!!!!!! I'm super exited about this one and I know this might be a bit short, but I got serious wrighters block so I'm sorry, I also have been very busy. That is why I haven't been updating, my b-day was on v-day and I've had alot of school work. Sorry.
Comment and vote!

~Kenzie