Because they were kind of running late, the two had to eat their breakfast quickly so by the time they reached the classroom that was situated on the fourth floor, the bell was almost ringing. Some of his new classmates stared at him a bit, not knowing who he was, but when they saw he entered the classroom along with Jaemin, they kept their mouths shut. 

"You'll sit next to Mark Lee, the class's president." Jaemin told him and pointed at the blonde guy he talked the night before. 

Mark waved at him and showed a wide smile when Jeno approached his new desk. He sat down and took a deep breath. Still, he followed Jaemin around and saw him sit by the window, next to Renjun who was whispering something in his ear. 

"Welcome to this class." Chenle whispered from behind which startled Jeno a bit, but when he turned around and saw the younger smiling made him smile too. 

"Thanks." 

And so, Jeno's first day at Sky Academy started. His classes were on a bit higher level than at his old school, which made it a bit hard, but eventually, Jeno started to understand a bit. Mark and Chenle promised him to help him after classes which made the brunette happy that he has made friends there from his first day. What surprised him was the fact that Jaemin never approached him. He just hung out with Jisung and another tall guy with brown hair Jeno never saw in his life. He also kept a cold look plastered on his face, as if he was annoyed by everyone. It felt weird to him, because his roommate was really nice when they were alone. 

"Do you want to go to the library to study?" Mark asked after classes were over. 

Jeno nodded and remembered that the library was at the third floor. The trio then headed towards the library. The brunette would sometimes listen to what Chenle and Mark talked about, but he didn't get much of the conversation since he was too busy scanning the corridor. It was darker than the fourth and the fact that there were no classes made it seem creepy. 

The library had its doors open, so anyone could go inside. It was silent and the soft scent of old books filled Jeno's nose. He spotted rows filled with books, some tables where few students were studying and then, more books. The French windows that were closed were allowing the sunlight to enter the dark place and some candles were illuminating the walls. The library was big, despite not having a second floor, but it looked magical in Jeno's opinion. 

"I have to go pick up a chemistry book." Mark got his attention by placing his hand on Jeno's shoulder. "Let's meet at that table okay?" He then pointed at a book that was situated by a window. 

"Okay." Jeno mumbled in reply and looked away. 

Of course, instead of going to the table, he started walking in the exact opposite direction than Mark and Chenle went. He started walking through rows and realized they were sorted. From fantasy to math to romance, the shelves had at least fifty books from each genre. But what really caught his attention was a smaller shelf, with only five books on it. Jeno moved closer, feeling really tempted to pick one book up and hold it in his hands. 

When he reached the shelf, he started at the five books. They all contained the same word in their titles. Vampires

"Weird." Jeno whispered and took one of them from its place. He moved his fingers across the surface of the book and took off a thick layer of dust from it, revealing a golden and fancy looking title. "The Grand History of Silver Demons. A book about the noble vampires." Jeno whispered the words and frowned. "This shit seems interesting."  

He knew vampires didn't exist, but the fact that someone had the imagination to write a whole novel about a so called species of vampires made the young man feel thrilled. Having a wide smile plastered on his face, Jeno took the book and started walking back to the entrance. He already spotted Chenle and Mark at the table, looking for him, but when the blonde guy spotted him, he waved his hand.         

Walking towards the two, Jeno suddenly felt the need to hold the book he found tightly. Something felt special about it, he just had to figure out what.