Percy is Shot with an Arrow

Start from the beginning

"Well, I'm exhausted. I've been doing homework all night."

"You sure that's all you were doing?" Juniper called from the kitchen. I glared at her over the half-wall that separated the kitchen from the living room.

"Haha, funny. You sound like my father."

"Good, you need a fatherly figure around while yours is across the country." Juniper said, waving a wooden spoon at me. Why she needed a spoon to make sandwiches…

"My mom is always watching, you know." I pointed out.

"Athena's a goddess, she can't necessarily watch you 24/7 now can she?" She could, but I decided to just give in so that I could go to bed faster.

"Yes, Mom," I said, "Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to bed." Grover lifted his head from his snack of a paper plate.

"Don't you want to wait up for everyone?" I shrugged.

"It's not like they're not going to be there in the morning."

So, they weren't there in the morning.

"We all figured it was best to let a sleeping Annabeth lie." Grover explained. They all knew that I kept my knife under my pillow at night, "They went into school really early to prepare themselves."

"For what, exactly?" I asked. Grover shrugged.

"Beats me," He said, and took a big goat bite of his fork, "You and Percy are going in early too right?" I nodded and calmly picked up a silver kitchen knife from the counter, brushing apple seeds off of it.

"Oh yes," I said with a smirk. Grover bleated nervously.

"Blaahaahaa," He said, "The Mist can only conceal so much, you know…" I grinned and set it down again.

"Just playing, Grover." I said and picked up an apple slice, "We're going to check out the fan club meeting. Grover made a growling sound.

"Those girls… ugh! They always leave their coffee cups on the ground! Not to mention all of those weight loss granola bar wrappers…"

"You want to tag along with your club?" I offered.

"Tempting…" He said and grinned, "But no thanks. I'm a pacifist, remember?" I picked up my key.

"Whatever you say, Mr. Lord of the Wild." I said, "Say hi to Juniper." I called as I walked out.

"Try to avoid killing any teenagers!"

"Maybe!"

When I got to his place, Percy was nowhere to be found. Sally was awake, as well as Paul.

"He's sleeping," Sally said the second I walked in, "I've been trying to wake him up for an hour. Feel free to try, maybe you'll have more luck than I did." She sounded like someone who's given up all hope.

6 am, it was still dark out. Percy's room was dark, but I could clearly see his sleeping figure under the sheets. With a silent step I walked over to him. He was almost completely buried in the covers, only the top of his head exposed. I bent down, and pulled back the covers so that I could see his face. Lucky for me he wasn't drooling. I leaned my head down so that my lips were right beside his ear, I opened my mouth…

"GORGONS!" I shouted.

"Wha?!" I jumped out of the way as Percy jolted up, Riptide already in his hand, "Wait… what?" Footsteps sounded down the hallway as Sally and Paul ran and stood in the doorway to find Percy in his pajamas holding a pen, looking down at me crying/laughing.