"I'll help you with it." Since we argued a lot and he knew he would almost never win (today being an exception), he relented. Such a smart, stupid boy.

We sat in silence for a grand total of three minutes, a new record.

"Annabeth I don't get this." He said. I crawled over and sat next to him to look over his shoulder at the math homework. I tried to ignore the fact that he smelled like the ocean, making my heart beat out of my chest.

"Which one?"

"All of them." Instead of getting into another pointless argument, I took the paper and started to explain the process.

"Now what you have to do here is…" I started to take him step-by-step through the first problem. It was getting kind of hard to concentrate, though. All the while he was staring at me with those gorgeous eyes of his, calmly twirling a piece of my hair between his fingers.

"Percy are you listening to me?" I asked. He nodded.

"Every word." Yeah, right.

"What did I just say?"

"Percy, are you listening to me." He answered with a grin. Damn loopholes…

"If you want to fail, be my guest." He started pouting.

"This is so boring!" If school were fun, everyone would be an idiot.

"How about I use a different teaching technique?" I suggested, "Every time you solve one of these problems correctly," I shoved his worksheet back to him, "You get a kiss."

"Now why would I do that when I could just kiss you without all the math stuff?" He asked, already leaning closer to me.

"Because you know that I have a knife strapped to me side and if you get too close before finishing a problem I'm not afraid to use it." I was the only person in the world who knew his Achille's Heel. I was the only one who could actually kill him if I wanted. He knew this, and sighed.

"Fine, explain it again." He said glumly. I did.

Ten minutes of groping and groaning about how he'd never use math after high school, he had the first problem finished.

"Good boy," I complimented him and kissed his cheek.

"Hey! That's not fair!" He said.

"You get a real kiss when you finish the second problem." I said with a smirk.

"Well how do I know you won't cheat again?" He asked.

"You could either finish problem two and have a good chance of me actually kissing you, or you could not do the problem and end up not kissing me for the rest of the night."

He finished problem two.

"Well done, Percy." I said, and kissed his nose.

"You're such a cheater!" He said. I shrugged.

"You're learning, aren't you?" I argued.

"I seriously hope this isn't the way you tutor other guys…" I laughed.

"Only you, Percy. Now for problem three…" He muttered some curses at me in Greek, but finished the problem. This time, I kissed his forehead.

In the middle of problem four, Sally knocked.

"Come in!" Percy yelled. She did, with a plate of her famous fresh baked blue cookies. We thanked her, and she told us dinner would be ready in an hour.

"Problem five, Percy…" I said, munching on a cookie.

"No thanks, I'm good." He said.

"Please? Only five questions left." He raised an eyebrow.

"I've got blue cookies now, you can keep your kisses." He was bluffing.

"If you say so, maybe I should just go home," I said and started to stand. He sat up straight and grabbed my wrist.

"Ok I lied!" I smirked and sat back down.

"Five, now." This time he did it without protest.

"Is it right?" He asked and I took the worksheet.

"It's off by one decimal point." I said. Before he erased the answer I reached over, put both hands on the sides of his face, and kissed him full on the mouth. He was a little surprised at first, reminding me of our very first kiss in Mt. St. Helens. But he soon responded back with enthusiasm.

Much to his dismay, I pulled away after a few seconds, "Six," I said. This time there were absolutely no complaints.

Twenty minutes later his math homework was completely finished.

"Please tell me there isn't a backside." He said. I shook my head.

"Nope, you did good." Percy gave me a lopsided grin.

"Does this mean I'm allowed to kiss you again?" He asked.

"You still have civics notes to-" He cut me off by pressing his mouth firmly against mine. Now, instead of being the good girlfriend and convincing him to finish his homework, I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer.

Two months is a long time in a relationship. (A/N Ha! Try six months and add in a little amnesia)

His fingers trailed a line down my spine, making me shiver. His lips tasted like chocolate from the cookies.

"I missed you," He breathed against my lips.

"I missed you too," I whispered back. His lips moved down to the skin underneath my chin. My fingers tightened in his hair.

At first, kissing like this between the two of us had been extremely awkward. There had been a lot of fumbling and bruising. Over time, we'd gotten much better and let me tell you, this boy had perfected the technique.

"DINNER!" Sally yelled through the door. Percy jumped so hard he fell off the end of the bed.

"We're coming!" I called and crawled down onto the floor next to him.

"If I didn't have iron skin, that would have really hurt." He said, rubbing his forehead. I laughed and bent to kiss him one more time.

"Come on, your mom has dinner waiting."