"No, it's fine", Karl answered and turned his head to the TV again. He heard how the other boy was walking up to him, he sensed his presence behind him.

"Why are you awake?", the brunet took another sip of his energy drink

"I had a headache, it kept me up".

There was an awkward silence and Sapnap was just standing behind the couch and looked at Karl's slight reflection in the black TV screen.

"Can I sit down?", his voice was just above a whisper and the boy on the couch barely heard it.

"Sure", he slipped a little bit to the side, to make some space for Sapnap to sit down. Still, he sat down very close next to him and their thighs were pressed together. The brunet tried to ignore it, the heat coming from the slight touch. His focus on the black screen was harder than before.

"That movie is very interesting", Sapnap suddenly said, a crooked smile on his face.

"Isn't it?", Karl joked back and he smiled as well as he heard another light chuckle escaping the other boy's mouth.

They were silent again until the smaller boy broke it: "We could watch a movie, I mean... are you tired?".

"Not really".

The short answers from Karl were making the other boy uncertain and he wasn't sure if he was really welcome at that moment. He bit the inside of his cheek.

"Do you want me to go upstairs again?", there was genuine uncertainty in his voice and yet there was comprehension. It made Karl feel bad for some reason.

"No, I-I... stay", he whispered, still didn't dare to turn around, to look at his face. 

Sapnap nodded, the brunet saw it on the screen. There was the silence again. It wasn't like they didn't know what to talk about, they just both didn't really want to talk. They were feeling exhausted lately, both of them and it was just relaxing to sit on the couch and just do nothing. The warmth coming from their pressed together thighs made Karl lean a little bit to the side, a little bit into the other boy.

"Can I... lay my arm around you?", Sapnap's voice was soft in his ear and it caused a shiver running down his spine, a shiver that he had tried to avoid so bad.

"Yeah", he still breathed.

A sigh escaped his lips as he felt and arm on his shoulders, as he felt fingertips slightly on his left shoulder. His head falling down on the smaller boy's shoulder was like a reflex and he felt how Sapnap tensed up and how he stopped in his actions. He sighed as well, the taller boy's smell hypnotic beyond reason. Again, it made his stomach flutter and he didn't thought about his next movement, it just kind of happened. He tilted his head down a little bit and planted a small kiss on the brown head of hair.

Karl's lip was quivering. His feelings which he wanted to keep deep down in his stomach were currently rising up to his rapidly beating heart. The safeness was rushing over him again, just like the tiredness. Already, his wall that kept his feelings away from his heart was already breaking. It was crumbling, dust already on the floor, similar dust to the one that left his burning heart.

The smaller boy never wanted to let go of the other boy. He was so happy that he somehow found the guts to go up to him, to ask him for another chance. For one time, the alcohol did good but only because he had his Karl in his arms now, sleeping. Yeah, he was dozing off in his arms just like the first time.

And Sapnap's heart was beating so fast, just like it did the first time.

He was so nervous at first, so nervous that he would do anything wrong again. He lost Karl one time and he didn't want to think about losing him again. But still, that thought was nibbling on the inside of his head, on his brain and he always found himself back thinking about it. They have known each other for 3 months now and Sapnap was already at the point where he'd say he couldn't live without him and that scared him so much. The few weeks without him had showed him that, they had showed him how much he actually needed the boy in his arms.

Suddenly, Karl swung his arm around the smaller boy's torso and snuggled himself down on his chest.

A wave of warmth brushed over Sapnap and his body reacted to Karl instinctively. He pressed him tighter against his own body and titled it a little bit to the side, to make himself more comfortable. His right arm swung around the brunet's body as well and again, they fell asleep cuddling.

--------------------

Hey, thank you for reading chapter twenty! I hope you like it :D Stay healthy & ily <3

Twitter for updates: cyleedd