Chapter Four

The sun was scorching the living hell out of Noelle's exposed legs and she wondered aimlessly in the quad for Club Fair. Noelle enjoyed the different opportunities to make friends and to be honest, college can be pretty fucking lonely without friends. Sure, she had her roommate Emily but Emily had Chloe and other friends. The only other person Noelle felt she could talk to would be Ezra but, she didn't really think of him as just a friend. 

So, because of her seemingly, endless loneliness she dragged her roommate out to Club Fair in the height of August heat. "Noelle," Emily whined, "My feet are literally burning. And for what? Robotics club and cinema club? No thanks." Noelle hooked her arm with Emily.

"C'mon maybe you might find something." Emily shrugged as she waved to someone she knew. "And you know I don't have a lot of friends, so I'm trying to put myself out there."

Emily quirked her eyebrows, "What about Ezra and 'lover-boy'?" Emily poked fun. Noelle thought it was pretty ironic that she referred to Carson as 'lover-boy' considering she was pretty sure Carson never really loved her in the first place. And at this point, Noelle hasn't really talked to Carson much since the last time she did. But, she sees him all the time--mostly because they're neighbors--and whenever she does Miranda is never too far from him. Noelle swears at night that she can hear them fucking through the paper-thin wall. Or maybe it's just in her head. 

And Ezra is a different story all together.

Noelle really likes Ezra--a lot. And yeah, they're friends but Noelle feels like there's avenue between them that if they got together it would definitely be effortless romance and endless fun. But, she doesn't want to ruin anything by moving too fast. And not to mention she's dedicate to working on herself and wants to treat herself right first before she dedicate any of her time to someone else.

"I mean...what about them?" Noelle asked shyly. 

"Well, aren't they your friends? That Ezra guy comes to our room 25/8 asking for notes and if you wanna go on coffee dates and shit. I think he's got a crush or something." 

"He does not." Noelle blushed and nudged Emily's shoulder lightly.

"Why are you surprised? Have you seen they he looks at you? And how 'lover-boy' looks at you?" Emily replied as the duo began to pass this table full of girls that wore the same three Greek letters but in different shades of pink and white. Both girls stopped in their tracks and halted their conversation by a girl that held out her perfectly manicured hands and prohibited them from taking a step further.

"Are you two lovely girls freshmen, by any chance?" The girl in front of them had an extremely bleached smile and evenly sun-tanned skin. Noelle was pretty mesmerized that the girl was wearing a tweed blazer in 90 degree weather but she wouldn't question it.

"Uh...yeah." Noelle spoke up. 

"Welcome! I'm Lucy Johnson fourth generation legacy of Alpha Delta Pi." She held out her hand again but this time to shake Noelle's, "It must be pretty scary  and lonely just starting college, believe me, I know." Lucy said with a manufactured smile and endless politeness. Emily hated the sorority stuff, it just wasn't her thing, so she zoned out a long time ago as Lucy went on with her spiel. However, Noelle was pretty invested. To be honest, Noelle didn't have very many friends back home and college has so many opportunities to make friends so she would be stupid to pass up on something like this.

At the end of her speech and after Noelle asked all of the question in her pretty little head, Lucy handed Noelle a pamphlet, "If you have anymore questions or anything, my email is on this pamphlet and the application and requirements are on this website, Sweetie." She flashed a sugary smile their way, "I hope to see you during rush!" She waved them goodbye. Emily rolled her eyes and landed on Noelle as she began to quickly read the pamphlet.