Toll The Dead 3: False Life

Start from the beginning

"It's odd seeing you "in-person" child. Odd, but not at all unpleasant."

Even without eyes, the void looks back. A shapeless face, an inked illusion of hair flowing upward. Glowing threads wrapped and twined around its figure, as well as woven in its 'hair'; shifting shades of chorus purple. It is draped in deep purple, poncho lined with soft yellows.

Arms poke through two slits in fabric speckled with evershifting blue, orange, and pink. The thread goes further, curled around fingertips and wrists.

Dark lavender puffs around its legs ending at mid-calf, and there lies more luminous string, twirled around both leg and arch of bare feet. It feels soft, like thick folds of silk; its skin coated in thick fur, only noticeable through careful observation or touch.

It's much smaller than expected, one would think a celestial being would be tens of blocks tall; but Void is about ten tall, rather than seventy or even a hundred.

It's much more to take in than he expected, suppose that's just what happens though.

"Welcome to my garden," Void chitters softly, crouching on the ground near impulse. It shrinks down to about three blocks tall. "It has been such a very long time since I've had any guests."

"Oh, woah it's really pretty here," Impulse murmurs as he looks around.

"I'm glad to hear that the centuries of work I put into this show. It'd be quite unfortunate if it was not evident."

It runs its hand along the border of the gazebo, pale chorus stems stiffened and gathered in a semblance of a fence. Softly carved purpur columns rest between.

Around those columns, and along the inside of the roof are chorus trees, curling branches brace the top. Flower buds and blooms softly chiming as the tree slightly twists and turns, gentle light peeking through the bark. The roots caress the rug-covered floor and dig into the cratered endstone. Glowing threads line the edges of the ceiling, tiny end rods seem to sprout from the edges of the string.

"I would like to thank you," Void sighs, "It has been so long since I've had someone to talk to after She faded, Nether went soon after."

"Wait Nether, like the fiery lava place?" Impulse asks from where he's sinking into a poof.

"It was once so much more, beautiful fungal trees, animals... he was very fond of her pigs, he took the idea from her."

"Oh uh, well the nether was overhauled recently, and what you're saying sounds right. What it looks like now I mean."

"Can you show me?" Void asks softly, reaching a hand out.

"Yeah sure, here I have photos," Impulse grins pulling his communicator out.

"Photos?" Void murmurs, pulling its hand back.

"Do you not know?"

"I have been withdrawn from your world for so long... I could only hear what was happening."

Impulse smiles up at the hovering form, "It's like a painting but not, see."

"Oh my, that is clever..." Void laughs, "that certainly looks like his land, if only..."

A soft feeling of warmth and longing builds into his chest, "You miss him?"

"He is my brother, I miss him every moment of every day. Tell me child about the meteor you have spoken of."

"Oh, uh we don't know all that much about him, he fell from space and apparently has been up there for ages. He keeps saying things like getting revenge on the Vex and bringing back the world to how he remembers it."