"I'll pay for it." 

"You thought." You snorted, two taps and a scan of your thumb print and your order was placed. Shout out to biometrics. 

"Anyway," You set your phone down. "Sir, everything for the next month and a half is done and either on your desk or in your cloud drive waiting for an e-signature. You've got some fantastic things waiting on you in heavily sealed envelopes and a few bits of fan mail I thought you might want to take a look at. They're going through some things and could use a genuine response if you're willing. Aaaand-" Your eyes wandered, tracing the ceiling's lights while you recalled. "Ah." You snapped. "You've got a gala invitation and a wedding invitation - didn't open that one, that's all you."

"How do you know it's a wedding invitation then?"

"It's very..." You searched for the word. "Lovingly presented." A notification popped onto your screen, the order having been received by the restaurant. "Cool, I've got time to get ready for bed." You stood. "Before I do, do you need anything, All Might?"

"I need you to clock out." His eyes narrowed.

Chortling as you turned on your heel, you left the kitchen heading for your room. "With what you pay me, sir, I'm never off the clock."

Okay. You sighed, lying in bed you set your alarm. After your...eventful evening, you were left with just a few hours to rest before you had to get up and start the day. You set your phone on the charger and turned over, burying yourself into your bear. Mind going blank as you started to drift when a few taps came to your door.

"Can I help you?" You exhaled, trying to focus on the figure that slipped into the darkened room and took purchase on the edge of the bed. "You shouldn't go to bed angry."

That. That earned a hearty laugh from you, absolutely guttural when you said. "I'm not your wife. I'll go to bed livid if I want to." Rolling on to your back as you settled down.

"That's not-" The bed almost seemed to sink deeper with his own sigh. "I'm not angry, Yagi." You threw an arm up, fingers spread wide. "Annoyed. I was annoyed, yes."

"Don't go to bed like that either."

"What makes you say that, Yagi?" Barely, you could see him peer over his shoulder at you. "When small conflicts happen, ones that don't carry legitimate weight, they shouldn't carry on into the next day."

"I disagree." You said quietly.

"Why?"

"I think going to bed with those feelings is fine, because while you lie there in silence, you have time to process what happened and why." You sat up. "Really think about it. Why risk elevation and saying something you don't mean all for the sake of ending it before you lie your head down. Those feelings will still be there the next day, resolved or not.

"So you're telling me to drop it until tomorrow."

"Drop what? I said I was annoyed. But if you want to talk," You took hold of Sir Stuffington, setting him on the opposite side of you. "You have the floor."

"I don-"

"Come ooooon." You leaned over, grabbing him by the bend of his elbow and pulling until he complied.

His voice soft while he spoke, back pressed against the headboard. Your form had given in, now leaning against the torso of your stuffed animal as you listened. A shitty situation that, for once, didn't involve the hero commission demanding he whisk himself away. A recap filled with plot holes, information he left out that you couldn't know, at least not yet. Something lurking that stood front and center in his mental while he was gone. For it all to lead to nothing but dead ends and fruitless endeavors.

Nothing but brick walls and more questions.

"It was bubbling over when I came home." He sighed. "You were hangry." You snickered.

"Don't trivialize it."

"Not trivialized," You pushed at his shoulder gently. "Minimized. I'm not pressed over the polenta."

"Well that pasta you bought didn't look as good."

"It was not." You chuckled. "And you definitely owe me scallops."

"And wine."

"Nah, that was yours."

"Really?" You felt him lean forward with the revelation.

"Yeah. You shouldn't let sauvignon blanc age more than two years, ya'know."

"I forgot I had it."

"Toshi..."

"What? I keep all the good shit in arms reach." He shrugged it off.

"I've yet to see it."

"Because your arms are shorter."

You puffed. That was a good one. "Look," You pushed up from your resting position. "There are things I feel could have been handled differently and certain communications that could have been made; that's not to say put me before everything else and right now I'm not searching for an explanation. I don't want you to feel like you always have to explain yourself to me...as long as it's not at my detriment. I don't think you'd do that, so beyond that... I know you've got a lot of shit going on."

"I still came off a bit dickish."

"Yup. I just didn't want to say it." You let out beyond exasperated. 

"Well," You watched as he pulled the sheets back and got comfortable. "What are you-"

"I figured since I took your food and time this evening, I might as well take up your space too." Yagi answered before you could finish. "Just tie it all together, huh?" You cackled.

"It makes sense to me."

"Okay, Yoshi."