21: The Woes of Moony

Start from the beginning

Guinevere looked at the directions of the twins, raising a brow at them which they responded to with a shrug. Chuckling and giving them a thumbs up for the job well done, she nudged Sirius, wanting them to get over with it.

"You don't have to really," Sirius said, yawning as though he was bored. A few incoherent protests were said, only to be shut off by Sirius quickly. "Not unless you're up for bad luck, y'know?"

"Excuse me?" asked Amelia, scoffing at their musing. "That's gobshite."

"No it's not, ask Charlie." Ginny objected.

Charlie laughed at this before confirming, "S'true, refused to kiss a nasty Slytherin during seventh year. Didn't turn out pretty well."

Amelia looked hesitant, still not buying whatever they were saying. She looked at Guinevere, hoping for some backup. Unfortunately, she too, looked just as amused.

"Come on, Vance!" Moody fired, the man was awfully quiet since Molly had left for the boggart.

"I'm not doing it, you guys are out of your minds." she shook her head, not wanting to be a part of their little joke. Amelia began to stand up from her seat, ready to pack up for the night. Only for her hand to be pulled back.

The pink haired witch had been disturbingly quiet ever since all of this had transpired. Let's just say that her next move wasn't quite expected by the lot of them. Standing up from her seat just like what the dark haired witch did, she then pulled her back, making Amelia face her.

"Oh shut up." she frowned, pulling Amelia closer to her.

Just before Amelia could even react, Tonks had pulled her in for a kiss, which unfortunately was just a peck. Amelia looked at the Hufflepuff intently, noting the blush that formed in the woman's cheeks.

Perhaps it was all the drinking she had done earlier? Whatever it was, it definitely didn't prepare everyone for what Amelia was planning to do. Their eyes stayed on each other for a moment, as if looking for a sign.

"Fuck it." Amelia sighed, closing the gap between them once more, but this time it was longer.

And in that moment, a million loving thoughts and all sleepless nights thinking of whether it was possible, condensed into a single moment. A kiss that was just as sweet and passionate as they were.

The room erupted into a roar, everyone cheering as if they've been waiting for this to happen. If they were all being honest, it was bound to happen. It was only a matter of time before one of them broke. Luckily, both did at the same time.

"Took you long enough!" Guinevere complained.

"I must say, I'd have to agree with Miss Lilith on that one." said Kingsley, "Was starting to think you've lost all your confidence, Amelia."

Guinevere was about to reply, when a shout was suddenly heard.

"Just get out of here, Mrs Weasley!" They all immediately became alert, with Mad-eye already heading towards the noise whilst Sirius was a bit too drunk to process everything.

Remus and Guinevere sobered up as they both heard the voice of Harry, immediately rushing after Mad-eye.

"Stay." Remus said to all of them but mostly to Guinevere, blocking the doorway as he looked at the witch intently.

Letting go of the doorframe, he made his way and followed Moody upstairs, worried that something had happened to Harry.

They reached the drawing room where they saw Mad Eye looking taken aback at the sight before him. Molly was sobbing on the floor while Harry was staring at... Harry?