Burnt Powder Fresh

Burnt Powder Fresh

When I was 19 I had this crazy idea to burn paper in the bathroom sink. (Why I wanted to do it I can't remember.) So I took a few strips of paper and lit a small fire in there. I think I liked to watch the paper burn there and shrivel up to nothing.

Suddenly I could smell the burning paper real bad. Not only did the fumes stink in the bathroom but lingered on to the living room. So I turned on the faucet quickly to put out the small fire then flush the wet remains down the toilet.

I had to find something quick to get rid of the stench. There were not any candles around but I thought I found a better solution. It was an aerosol can of Glade air freshener. The name of the scent was called powder fresh. Perfect! I thought. That should cover up the stench!

So I sprayed the air freshener all over the bathroom until the can was empty. I thought that would take care of it, but to my surprise it now smelled like burnt powder. I couldn't believe it! How was I going to get the odor out? Frustrated, I just just gave up hoping nobody would smell it as I retreated to my room.

Then my sister came around and asked what the smell was. I explained to her what I just had done. She laughed at me for a little bit then stated, "I think you created a new scent, but I don't think it will catch on."

"What?" I asked.

"Burnt Powder Fresh," she laughed again.

I laughed too. "I don't think it will catch on though."

Probably not," I said.

We laughed some more. She didn't even ask why I burned paper in the first place. It was just the funniest thing to us. Burnt Powder Fresh air freshener, more than likely rejected by Glade.

You live and learn.