Kisses | Marco x (Male) Reader

Start from the beginning

Slight blood

Also season 1 spoilers

Marco and you had grown up in the same village, both of you being friends and sticking with each other. He even followed you to military training even though he didn't really have that much interest in it. He wanted to be with you and you were happy to let him stay.

You had crushed on him the moment he introduced himself. His wavy brown hair and soft freckles matched his gentle eyes and demeanor perfectly. The only issue was with yourself, you were male. Well to be honest it wasn't an issue per say, just a minor set
back. Because of this you had no idea if Marco would accept you or your feelings towards him, despite him being so kind and sweet to everyone.

The two of you went through training together, helping one another when needed and being there for support and company most of the time. That's why when the day came that you would choose your regiments you felt like it was the perfect time. You approached him near lights out, his bunk being right under yours. You and Marco were the only ones in the room, the others were still out celebrating their success.

"Marco... can I talk to you?" you asked, sitting on his bed.

"Yeah of course, what's up?"

"I have to tell you something and i'm not sure how you'll take it. I don't want it to change anything between us but I feel as though i've hid it from you long enough."

"Your staring to scare me Y/n. What is it?"

"I'm gay." Your words were quick and brief, getting to the point immediately.

"Okay and? I don't see what the issue is? So what if you like men? Your still the same person. And plus it'd be hypocritical if I hated on you for something I am myself." You nodded along to his words but froze at the last sentence.

"You? Your-"

"Gay? Yup."

"But-but you never told me?"

"For the same reasons you were hesitant to tell me. Plus, the guy I like is you Y/n. I was scared because not only would I be confessing my sexuality but i'd also be confessing to my crush."

"You... like me?"

"Yeah."

"I like you too."

"For real?"

"For real."

You and Marco leaned in simultaneously, your lips connecting together in the middle and dancing to their own beat. Time stopped as you and Marco kissed, only pulling away for air before returning right after. Eventually the two of you pulled apart, deciding to climb up to your bed and cuddle while falling asleep.

Trost had fallen. The morning was a blur and last night had only a few spotty holes but you remembered your confession. You remembered Marcos too. You and him held hands while waiting for orders. When they were given to you, you each squeezed the others hand before parting.

Blood was everywhere. People were everywhere. Chaos was constant. You did your best to stay by Marco. You'd run off slightly and kill a titan before returning to him and he'd do the same. You finished killing an 8 meter, climbing along roofs to get back to Marco. You saw him on a roof a couple houses over although something was off. Bertholdt, Annie, and Reiner stood above Marco who was laying on the ground, his ODM gear missing. You went to run forward before Marcos eyes locked with yours, his hand ever so slightly moving to a flat palm, telling you to stay. You shook your head no and began to run again. This time Marco's head shook. Every movement he made was small and the others didn't notice, they were too caught up in their own conversation to notice you and Marco communicating.

His lips mouthed the word stay as you stood there. What was the situation? What was going on? Why do I have to stay away and why is Marcos gear missing? What are Annie and them doing? You watched as they took his gear and left, leaving him vulnerable and defenseless. You rushed to him, picking him up to his feet.

"We need to go." You urged.

"I don't have any gear."

"So? I'll carry you."

"The gear isn't designed for that amount of weight."

"Well we have to do something."

"No Y/n. I need you to leave. Go find Jean. You'll be okay."

"What about you?"

"I'll be fine, I promise."

"Do you even have a plan?"

"Kinda- now go. Remember to stick to people you can trust like Jean and Armin. They're good people."

"Why does it sound like your saying good bye?"

"I'm not, it's just something I was thinking of."

"Come on why can't I just carry you?"

"Because if your gear breaks we'll both be stranded. Now go and find Jean, stick with him until I find you okay? I love you."

"Okay. I love you too. Be safe."

He gave you one last kiss before sending you off. Only a couple hours later did you learn that he lied. He wasn't okay. And he was never going to find you for you lover was dead.

a/n- soft marco? soft marco. :)

requests and thoughts?

also this book went up 1k reads in less than 24 hrs- JDKSJDKSKS- you guys are amazing! thank you so much:)

what's your favorite word and what does it mean?

this was a request by 1-800-MARCO

i hope you have a good day/night beautiful<3