"What?", Karl managed to say, his throat raw.

"You alright?", the voice of the smaller boy sounded awfully worried and Karl thought he just choked on his own spit.

"What the...?", he breathed and eyed both, Sapnap and Quackity with a frown on his face.

Quackity looked exactly the same back at him. Well, probably because Karl hasn't told him anything yet but still, Sapnap looked so unbothered it made the taller boy want to scream at him right then and there. But instead, he said this: ,,Hey, can we talk real quick?".

His tone was void of any obvious emotions and Sapnap felt a shiver running down his spine. He remembered everything, every little detail of the taller boy's face so close up to his. He remembered how he felt his heart doing so many backflips in his chest and how it had pounded against it. He remembered how soft Karl's lips felt against his and how he actually tasted his smell, how it hybnosed him, how it drove him crazy.

"Of course", he just answered, blinking a few times afterwards to stop himself from thinking about it, to stop himself from thinking about the kiss

They walked to the bathroom, meters away from each other. Something in Sapnap's chest broke as his mind drifted off again. It drifted off to him and the taller boy laying in bed, the boy snuggled up against his chest. How close they were, how tightly their bodys were pressed together and how right that all just felt. Another thing that popped up in his head was the things he had said about Karl, the horrible things. He knew that he messed up and his heart regretted it with every single beat it beat heavily in his chest but Sapnap was just used to listen more to his brain than his heart.

"Do you remember it?", the quiet voice of Karl brought him back to reality and that they were already in the bathroom, standing in front of each other but still meters away.

"Remember what?", he just needed to play dumb then everything would be fine again.

The brunet scoffed and turned around. His face shot up and they looked at each other through the mirror.

"The night at the party. We kissed and then you left me", it looked like Karl's lips didn't even move but Sapnap still heard everything he had said.

He swallowed down the anxiety prickling in him. His head was working on high speed right now and he needed to sort the words in his brain together, to form a logical answer to Karl's very direct question.

"Oh, that kiss. I thought you already knew that it didn't mean anything. I mean, I was drunk... right?", the smaller boy bit the inside of his cheek to avoid the heavy sigh to escape from his lips.

He should be the one to easily lie but whenever he looked in these shining blue eyes it was harder for him to do it. And as if's the guilt for the lie not enough, the whole facade of the taller boy dropped and his eyes started shining a little bit more, the tears were slowly starting to shine more through them.

"Alright", his voice was so quiet, almost fragile. He choked out a broken laugh and quickly wiped over his nose with his sweater paws.

"Yeah, I probably should've knew that, heh?".

And with that, he left the bathroom. And he surely did not join the maths class that day.

-----------------------

He should probably go to sleep.

The TV was running quietly in front of him, just showing how some elephants were living these days. Karl was sipping on his energy drink, his eyes looking at the elephant documentation out of boredom. His mother had told him to go to sleep a few hours ago but there he was, at 1:23AM in a school week, watching a documentation about elephants. He just couldn't get himself to sleep, his mind was so loud.