~ Chapter 18 ~

Clarke's POV

I just watched as Lexa and Aden were building his deck from the couch in their garage. At moments like that I really felt at peace. I could just admire her from afar, and I loved it. I felt unstoppable.

"Klork, baby, could u hand me the trucks now?" Lexa asked. I didn't move, just stared at her with confused face. She looked up from the deck and laughed as she noticed my confused face. "Aden," she said, and he immediately stood up to the table. He took two pieces of metals and gave Lexa. She then put them to deck, and anchored them. Aden gave her wheels, and she put those on either sides of this "tracks". She used this tool, and after a minute of retightening the skateboard was ready.

"Cool!" Aden said, after he grabbed the board and started looking at it. "Can we go, try it out?"

"Sure, go outside, we'll soon join you," Lexa said, already standing up, too.

I joined her, getting closer to her, already smirking.

"You're gonna be eating each other's mouths again?" he asked, with a disgusted face.

We both burst out laughing. "No," Lexa answered, pushing him out.

He sighed and closed the door. "Eating each other's mouths. That's something I never thought I'd hear, but here we are." I laughed.

"So, we're going to the skate park, you are going with us, and..." she started, then she moved to the corner of the garage, looking for something. "We are going there on this." She took some big, long box. I frowned, as she turned to me with it. "It's a longboard."

I stepped back. "Oh no, no, no, no, and no, also no, and have I mentioned no?!" I was moving backward, but she only kept coming closer to me, holding the board.

She looked so excited about it, but the only thing I was seeing, while looking at that board, was death. Lexa made the final step to me and took my hand, already leading me out to where Aden was. I wasn't fighting with her, because I knew there was literally no point. She was too strong for me.

"Come on now, it's gonna be fine," she said, as she put down the board on the middle of street. No cars were driving, but I didn't get on the board. She raised her hand to me, smirking to me, patiently.

"You're gonna get us both killed. Even your bike is better," I answered, still not taking her hand.

She stepped to me and put her arms around my waist. "Do you trust me?" she asked, a bit lowering her voice.

"I do but..."

"But do you trust me?" she interrupted me, before I could say anything more.

I sighed, nodding. "I do."

She smirked, pecked my lips, and took my hand, leading me to the board. "Good, let's try it." She tried to position herself on it.

"Have you ever tried that before?" I asked, watching her movements, so that I could get onto the deck in the same way.

"I have..." she said, very quietly, almost whispering. I saw her face changing, the light disappeared from her eyes, the smirk slipped off.

"Lex, I'm scared..." Costia said, as they started driving. Lexa held Costia from behind, having both her hands on Costia's waist for stability. She tried controlling the board with her feet, but it was hard. "I don't wanna die," she said, as the car drove right next to them.

"I won't let you," Lexa answered, as she brought her mouth closer to Costia's ear. These words - they weren't meaningless nor were they thrown into the wind with no effort. That was a promise. Never did she say something more firmly or confidently in her entire life. But she would soon find herself not being able to fulfill it...

"With who?" I asked, curiously.

She didn't answer at first. She helped me stand on the deck. "Doesn't matter now. Let's go." I've never heard her voice being that cold. Not only to me, but to anyone overly. I wanted to know what happened, but I could clearly see that I needed to be careful. It could've been really hard for her.

***

"So, should I be, like moving or something?" I asked, holding the phone. I opened the camera and now I was waiting for Lexa's instructions.

"No, stand in one place and just move the phone, so we'll be at the screen all the time," she said and they moved to the other side of the bowl.

I looked around to see if there were any other people around me, but the skate park was surprisingly almost empty. Just a few people driving here and there.

I started recording just as they started riding, Lexa at the front, Aden just behind her. She got into the bowl, turning to the left edge, where she grinded over it for a few second, she drove into the bowl once again, and jumped out of it, just where she got in, catching the board in the air, landing on both her feet.

Aden followed her doing the exact same things she did, but he landed on the board, when he was out of the bowl. He stopped it, rising the deck up, riding on the tail of it.

They gave each other high fives, laughing enthusiastically.

I stopped the record. They walked to me with huge smiles. I handed Lexa the phone, and she bent down, so that Aden could see it easily. She clicked on the video and we all watched. It was my first time doing something like that and I had to admit, that I was proud of myself. The quality was good.

As the video ended Lexa stood up, still looking at Aden. "I'm so proud of you, boy. Can't believe we did it at the first try." They high fived again.

I felt Lexa's arm slipping around me, but I slightly pushed her away. She only frowned at me.

"My home is two streets away, I don't want to risk that," I whispered, looking seriously deep into her lovely green eyes. I saw hurt in them, but still she backed away from me, nodding understandingly. "I'm sorry, Lex."

"I know, I get it," she nodded once again, and then she slightly smiled to Aden.

"Any other trick ideas?"