𝐂𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝟏𝟔: 𝐀𝖑𝖒𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖊

Start from the beginning

As soon as morning came, I got out of bed and made my way to, where I suppose, the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets was, when I heard Severus shout for me.

"Emilia!" I turned around and crossed my hands.

"What is it now Severus?"I said annoyed

"Look darling I know you want to save the school and all, but do you understand that you're putting yourself in danger."

"And you'd rather let the Basilisk kill all the muggle-borns from this school!" I shouted at him.

"Look love, I know you want to help, but there has to be another way." Severus tried talking me out of this.

"Severus, I'm the only one who can control the snake." I said wrapping my arms around his neck.

"I know, I know, but I just I want you to be safe." Severus said caressing my cheek with concern and worry in his eyes.

"And I will be, I promise." I said and kissed him on the cheek.

All of a sudden we heard Minerva speak

"All students to return to their dormitories at once, all teachers return to the staff room. Immediately, please."

And that's what me and Severus did, we RAN to the staff room.

When we arrived there Minerva was already waiting, I sat down in a chair and Severus stood behind me, soon after Filius, Ronalda and Pamona came in. There were a few seconds of silence before Minerva spoke.

"It has happened, a student has been taken by the monster, right in the Chamber itself."

Flitwick let out a squeal, Sprout clapped her hands over her mouth and Severus gripped the back of the chair where I was seated.

"How can you be so sure?" Sev asked.

"The heir of Slytherin, left another message, right underneath the first one." Minerva said, her face was pale and her eyes were full of fear.

"What does it say?" I asked, worried.

"Her skeleton will lie in the Chamber forever."

At those words there was a big gasp coming from all of the professors at once.

"Who is it? Which Student?" Hooch said sitting down near Minerva.

"Ginny Weasley." Minerva responded.

"But, I don't understand, how's that possible, she's a pureblood, a Basilisk can't attack a pureblood, it's out of their nature." I said, then felt Sev's arm on my shoulder.

"What do we do now Minerva?" Severus asked.

"We have to send all the students back home...This is the end of Hogwarts, like Dumbledore said..." Minnie responded.

Then, the staff room door opened, and Lockhart came in.

"Sorry dozed off, what did I miss?" he said with a cocky smile on his face.

He seemed to not realise that all of us were looking at him with disgust, I looked at Severus and he had a mischievous grin on his face.

"Just the man, the very man...a girl has been snatched by the monster Lockhart, your moment has come at last." Severus said, and I played along.

"Yes, Severus is right. Weren't you saying last evening that you knew where the entrance to the Chamber was all along?" I said.

"D-did I? I don't r-recall saying such thing" Lockhart stuttered.

Now we got him.

"I certainly remember you saying you were sorry you hadn't had a crack at the monster before Hagrid was arrested." Flitwick said.