He feels suffocated in that place because of too much guilt. He badly wanted to comfort him, but he knows that it will just remind Taehyun of the pain, so he decided to leave. "I'm sorry if my existence reminds you of pain. I'm very sorry."

He started to walk away from Taehyun and to everyone else. People outside the gymnasium were shocked when they saw Beomgyu walking out of there. He hangs his head low, trying not to look at people's disappointed and judging faces.

Beomgyu left without regretting the decision to stick to the truth. He decided to follow what his heart wants. He wanted to tell Yeonjun the truth about his developing feelings for him.

He is longing for Yeonjun's presence, and the thought of him disappearing will drive him crazy. He is willing to do anything to protect him, despite Yeonjun's identity that he is more than willing to accept.

He halted when he saw the back of a familiar man at the rooftop of the school's main building. He wasted no time climbing the stairs of the building, reaching the place while catching his breath. Beomgyu walked towards Yeonjun, who still has his back turned against him.

"Why are you here when somebody needed you?" Yeonjun's monotone voice that used to scare him is now bringing him sadness. Beomgyu realizes that pain makes Yeonjun hide his emotions and real feelings.

"I just followed what my heart says. Taehyun might be with me, but you're always in my mind." Beomgyu bluntly said.

"No one ever chooses me, and I'm trying to expect nothing from anyone else. I am nothing compared to your friendship and bond with Kang Taehyun." Yeonjun forces himself to be numb. He hides his trembling hand in his pocket.

"Being friends with him didn't mean that I will fall in love with him. I'd rather tell the truth to my friend and reject him, rather than ignoring the one that I really like!" Beomgyu wants to prove his affection and care for Yeonjun.

"Are you sure that it's not because of pity? Love is always failing me, so it's hard to accept that you are choosing me." Yeonjun faces him at last.

Beomgyu doesn't care if he's going to embarrass himself in front of Yeonjun. "I don't know if this is love, but I wanted to be with you forever! Being with you and doing anything for you makes me happy more than anything else!" Beomgyu's face has the same shade as the tomato.

They remain silent, and Beomgyu tried to read Yeonjun's straight face. His heart broke, not because of his expressionless face, but because of tears that are streaming down on Yeonjun's face. It hurts him to see that Yeonjun is keeping his composure even if he is obviously crying.

Beomgyu grabs his handkerchief in his pocket. He went closer to Yeonjun, wiping his tears. He carefully wipes it as if Yeonjun's face is the most expensive thing in the world.

"The truth is, I am jealous and hurt when he professed his love for you. I thought I was a failure again, then you followed me here even if I'm not asking you to choose me." Yeonjun weakly said. He is slowly opening himself up to the man he likes, to the man who treats him differently in a good way.

"Beomgyu, can we make happy memories together?" Yeonjun said, in a begging tone that makes Beomgyu sad. Any person doesn't need to beg other people for friendship and love. Anyone deserves to be happy.

"You don't have to plead because I will still do it. I don't want to die in regrets. Maybe getting to know each other can make us certain about what we feel for each other." Beomgyu's arms moved into Yeonjun's back, engulfing him into a warm hug.

In that comforting hug, Beomgyu temporarily forgets his troubles about Kai's threats to him. Despite any dangers and uncertainties, he never wanted to stay away from Yeonjun.

Yeonjun leans his forehead into Beomgyu's shoulder, sniffing his smell that makes him safe. Beomgyu decided to watch the sunset on the rooftop with Yeonjun to forget how his life will change from rejecting Taehyun.

............