Part 15

"Ok, we should be done," I said, double checking the list that Emily had sent me on my phone. "Babe, you got the ketchup, right?"

"Yep, three bottles."

"Hot dogs?"

"12 packages."

"Corn?"

"We bought all they had," Paul patted the mountain of food we had piled high onto our cart before pushing it with one hand down the aisle with ease. With his other hand, he grabbed my hand and entwined our fingers.

"You'd think we're buying for an army," I chuckled to myself.

"But knowing how much your brother eats, this won't be enough," Paul smirked, giving me a quick kiss before we headed to check out.

After we were done buying the groceries, we headed back to Emily's house. Paul and the rest of the pack helped to grab wood and set up the bonfire, while Kim and I helped Emily with the food.

"Jacey, where's your brother?" Kim asked as we started to cook the burgers and hot dogs outside on the grill. She had been staring at Jared, who had abandoned his t-shirt a while ago and was helping drag branches to the beach. Everyone, except Jacob, was there helping. Including Leah, who looked like she'd rather be anywhere else.

"He's babysitting Bella," I said indifferently. "They should be coming together later."

"Wait, seriously? How did Jacob get the Elder's approval to bring her?"

"Even though she is not an immediate member of our pack or an imprint, we all have a role to play," Emily said with a small smile. "The Elders believed it would be beneficial for her to hear about our history."

As the sun began to set, Dad and the rest of the elders came. By that time, the fire had already been set, and the boys of the pack were roughhousing in the yard playing football.

"Food's ready," Emily called out. She started handing out plates to the Elders first. Sam walked up behind her, giving her a quick kiss on the lips before taking the stack of plates for the pack.

By the time Paul was able to get to the food, he piled hot dogs, burgers and corn onto his plate.

"Babe leave some for the others," I said quietly, walking up behind Paul as he leaned to take another hamburger.

"This one is for you so you don't get cranky when your brother comes with the Leach Lover later," he said with a grin as he gave me a kiss on the cheek. "And this," he said, grabbing another burger, "is for me so I don't get cranky with your brother." He grinned, quickly kissing my lips. "Go grab your food," he said, spinning me around and gently pushing me in the correct direction.

I grabbed a few burgers and a corn before walking back over towards Paul, who was seated by the bonfire next to Jared and Kim.

"So, prom is coming up," Kim exclaimed as soon as I sat down. "Are you two going to be coordinating colors?"

"Oh right. Prom."

"C'mon Jacey. It'll be so fun. There'll be some bomb music, dancing and we can go as a group!"

"I don't know... It's senior prom, and I'm a junior. Party crashing isn't really my scene."

"Paul. Seriously, man?" Jarred asked. "You didn't ask your Imprint to prom?"

"Dude, shut up. I was meaning to, but we've been so busy trying to keep the Leach Lover alive," Paul growled.

"Speak of the devil," I muttered, seeing my brother and Bella walk together towards us.

"Jake!" Seth exclaimed, jumping up and running straight towards my brother. "It's about time you got here. Paul's been hoovering the grub, but I saved you some burgers."

"Good looking out, bro." Jake smiled at Seth for a moment before turning his attention back towards the girl standing beside him. "Bella, this is Seth Clearwater, Leah's brother. Newest member of the pack."

"Newest, bestest, brightest-"

"And slowest," Jacob grinned, grabbing Seth and giving him a noogie. Seth managed to wind his way out of Jake's grasp just in time for Dad to whistle at them.

"Come on, your Dad's about to start," Seth said.

"The Quileutes have been a small tribe from the beginning," Dad started telling the story. I felt Paul shift closer to me as he wrapped his arm around my waist. "But we have always had magic in our blood. We were great spirit warriors; shapeshifters that transformed into the powerful wolf. This enabled us to scare off our enemies and protect our tribe... Over time, our enemies have disappeared. But one remains. The Cold Ones. Our magic awakens when they're near. And we sense it now. We feel the threat in our blood. Something terrible is coming, and we must all be ready." Dad scanned the circle, taking his time to look at each member before stopping at Bella. "All of us."

***

"Seattle is in a state of terror," the Newswoman announced. "Police are baffled by the escalating murders and disappearances. Theories range from a vicious new gang to a wildly active serial killer. Reporting live-"

"It's getting worse," Paul mused later that night as he flicked the small television in my room off as I exited the bathroom.

"Why'd you turn it off?"

"I didn't want to worry you about it, especially with that Red-headed Leech around. It's probably just a coincidence."

"It's fine, I could hear the whole story from the shower anyway."

"There's no point in worrying about it anymore than we have to."

"Do you know what it could be?"

"No clue. But Sam's gonna have us running more patrols because of it." Paul grumbled before sitting up in my bed and tugging my arm to pull me closer. "Let's forget about it for a few seconds We both have this weekend off. Let's go down to Port Angeles and get you a dress."

"For what occasion would I need one for?" I smirked as my eyebrow raised out of curiosity.

"Jacey Black, would you do me the honor of being my date to prom?"

"I thought you would never ask," I grinned, jumping onto Paul's lap and giving him a quick kiss on the lips. "Yes, I would love to go to prom with you." 

~~~

A/N: Thank you for being patient with this story! I've been having some major writer's block, but finally was able to push myself to finish this chapter. I hope you all enjoy it! Please don't forget to comment and vote :)

Thank you!