He didn't believe me for a second. His arms went around me.

"You're too stubborn for this world, Byeol-ah. Tears won't kill you."

He said into my ear. I felt a few tears go down my eyes but I ignored them. I put my head into his shoulder and took in the feeling.

✦ ✦ ✦

Chae Byeol

It was the next day and I was mad. I messaged Sooho last night but he wouldn't respond. I was now on mission to find him.

I went around campus to see if I could see him. But I couldn't find him at all.

Then I saw Jugyeong ahead of me. She was looking at something. I looked and saw who it was.

"Lee Sooho!"

I yelled. I made Jugyeong and Sooho turns towards me. I walked up to him and drag him by his backpack.

"Byeol let go!"

He said. I ignored him and kept on walking. I finally let go once we were in a more secluded area. He rubbed his arm from the backpack strapped being pulled too hard.

"What's wrong with you?"

He asked. I scoffed at him.

"Wrong with me? I wasn't the one that had a breakdown and ran away. Then proceeded to ignore me!"

He eyes widened, like he barely remembered what happened.

"My phone died, I'm sorry. But I am fine now, I swear."

He reassured me

"Still, you made me worried! Talking about how you're a monster. It was never your fault in the first place!"

I crossed my arms at him. He laughed a bit and put his arms on my shoulders.

"I'm sorry about that. I was feeling a lot of things yesterday. I didn't mean to freak you out."

I sighed. I was glad he was okay.

"Okay. But don't beat yourself up like that, you're an amazing guy."

I frowned. He patted my shoulders and smiled.

"Okay I promise, now let's go to class before it's late."

He turned me around and we walked to class. I was just happy he was okay, I didn't want him to treat himself like he was monster.

~

"Chae Byeol"

Mr. Han called out. I got up and went to get my paper. I went to go sit down at my seat.

I looked at it. I looked at my ranking.

2 out of 25

"What?"

I muttered to myself.

I was gone for majority of the year, how did I get good grades?!

I was confused but decided to not question anything. I was just glad I wasn't failing.

Jugyeong leaned over to look at my paper.

"You're second?!"

She yelled a bit too loud. Everything looked out us. I just folded my paper.

"Oh sorry, I mean I didn't know you were so smart."

Jugyeong said.

"I didn't think I was this smart either."

I replied. I saw Soojin go back to her seat. She looked down at her paper and crumbled it.

She was usually 2nd and even then that wasn't good enough for her father. I felt bad for taking her spot.

"You're lucky. I did way worse than I thought."

Jugyeong frowned. I patted her back.

"All flowers endure the wind as they bloom."

Mr. Han started, the whole class groaned at his cheesy quotes.

"Even the most beautiful flowers had to endure the wind as they bloomed. So don't let your grades upset you too much."

He finished. While he quote was cliche, it was true. Grades shouldn't determine you as a human. Smart people can be idiots at the same time.

"Mr. Han will you please stop?"

Sihyun pleaded. The class agreed.
The class tried to complain to him but he ignored it.

"I'll talk to your parents this week to discuss your grades. Those who parents are coming in today, let me know if you need to change their schedule."

Mr. Han said and walked out. I looked to Soojin and she had her head in her hands. I had this heavy feeling of guilt on my chest.

My phone vibrated. I looked at it.

Mom <3: I'm here at your school tomorrow to talk about your grades. I hope you did well!

I was surprised she wasn't busy tomorrow. She was co-ceo in this makeup brand, so she was always busy. It's a successful brand but yet somehow I didn't know anything about makeup.

Ironic.

✦ ✦ ✦

.⋅ ε 𝗔𝘂𝘁𝗵𝗼𝗿'𝘀 𝗡𝗼𝘁𝗲 з ⋅.

Hello!!

Srry this was a later than usual update but this is more relaxed chapter I would say. Sooho and Byeol have a cute relationship let me just say. But hope you guys enjoyed!!

-stxr <3