Chapter Fifty Six

Start from the beginning

“Then, why the tears?” Yuri asked quietly.

“She’s melodramatic and pregnant” Daniel said happily brushing her hair. There was a second of silence as he said it, Daniel’s smile was undeniably the only thing blooming inside the house. Yuri stood shocked for a second to process what her step father had just said.

“Hey, I was going to tell her!” Mrs. Williams cried out.

“Mom.. wow” Yuri found herself hugging her mother and Daniel at the happy moment. The thought of having a small brother or sister was the happiest news ever. “That’s wonderful news, I am so happy!” It had been too long since happiness stayed within the house and Yuri prayed that it will not go away.

“Gosh, I think I’m getting emotional because I’m pregnant” Mrs. Williams said wiping her tears.

“You think?” Daniel remarked frowning a little.

“Whoa, I’m getting a small brother or a sister” Yuri exclaimed finally being aware of what’s to come. Her life was falling into place. She didn’t feel like anything was missing anymore. Everything was falling into place. Yuri smiled until her cheeks hurt so that she’d not cry out of happiness. Life was working its way into making amends of all that pain she had to go through.

“How do you feel about this?” Mrs. Williams asked quietly. Yuri knew her mother wanted to know about her thoughts and truth be told Yuri couldn’t be happier with the news.

“Happy, I feel happy mom.” Yuri said slowly. “Congrats Daniel, you’re gonna be a papa”

“Thank you Yuri, and you’re going to be a big sister. We are celebrating tonight, so be home by 8” Daniel waved bye at Yuri and she returned the gesture.

“Sure, I’ll catch up with you both later, bye” As soon as Yuri closed the door, she took a huge breath and inhaled the fresh air she’s being missing for the past week. She wouldn’t have gone outside today too if it wasn’t for Jason who wanted to meet her asap. Walking slowly towards the nearest café Yuri knew she had a lot to tell Jason and she was excited to meet him.

“Hey stranger” Yuri yelped a little as her little fingers squeezed Jason’s cheeks. Sitting down at the diner for brunch was a first, since Yuri spent a lot of time in her room lately. And seeing Jason after a week brought a smile on her face.

 “Where the hell have you been? I left you like a billion emails!” Jason grunted.

“It’s the 21st century, no one reads emails anymore. You could’ve texted!” Yuri replied while waving at the waitress to place her order.

“My phone got stolen over the weekend! I had to buy a new one yesterday and it was way too complicating to use. I swear these latest technologies will be the death of me.” Jason took out his phone and placed it slowly on the table.

“Who told you to buy a complicated phone?” Yuri shot at him while taking a look glance at the menu for the second time.

“The guys said it was the best” Jason stated defending his flock of birds.

“Hi, I’ll have a chicken wrap please and an orange juice.” Yuri smiled at the Latin waitress while she ordered her food. Looking at Jason she mocked. “Did you get your muscularity back?”

“And I’ll have the vegetarian wrap with the lemon ice tea” Jason orders his food while replying to Yuri. “Let’s just say that my muscularity was always there, I was just being paranoid about it for no reason”

“You didn’t like spending the whole week with the guys, did you? Because you finally see how immature they are” Just as the waitress left, Yuri picked off with their conversation.