only - hawk

this one is a bit sad !
-

another day, another heartbreak.
Hawk had become more and more distant every time he got home from practice. I couldn't tell if it was from stress for the all valley or he had something going on.  Everyday I tried to get him to open up, but nothing seemed to work.

"Babe, you seem really stressed, is everything alright?" I asked in a hushed voice.

"I'm fine!" He stammered.

I took a deep breath, he had never lashed out on me like that before.

"I mean are you sure? You've just been a-"

"I said I'm fine!" Hawk stammered,

I sigh watching Hawk storm up the stairs. I fall onto the catch, trying everything to not start bawling. I really did love Hawk, I just hated when he lashes out and never told me what was happening so I could help.

After about 30 minutes he runs down the stairs frantically. I noticed his eyes seemed to be bloodshot, but he wouldn't show he had been crying.

I stood up, deciding to finally say something.
"Will you talk to me now?"

Hawk just shook his head, biting the inside of his cheek. "Y/n why are you being so pushy and clingy?" He snapped.

It took everything in me to not breakdown right there and then. Those words wouldn't usually hurt, but it did when it came from the person I love the most. I could tell that Hawk had instantly regretted what he said to me.

"I was only falling in love..." my voice choked out, I could feel the tears swell up in the back of my eyes.

"Y/n..."

I cut him off,
"And I get that things can happen and that you're busy with karate. But Eli...I just want you to be able to open up to me and not ignore me when I try to talk to you about something important. And it hurts when you push me away."
I start to walk away, towards the front door to leave, until a hand grabs my wrist.

"I love you y/n, and I'm sorry I've been such a dick lately. It's just with Miguel in the hospital, I miss my best friend. I don't mean to push you away y/n, and when I do I'm a reck without you."

Tears had started to pour out of hawks eyes. I quickly wrap my arms around him.
"It's okay love, I shouldn't have been so pushy for you to open up too."

"I love you Hawk"
"I love you too y/n"

-