Aiden Bonus Chapter (Chapter 32)

Start from the beginning

"I'm her mom." Olivia's voice quivered, and it looked like she was holding back tears.

"Oh my god." I heard Caroline whisper from my left.

"I'm Dr. Benson. I performed the bone marrow extraction on your daughter." Dr. Benson introduced himself. Okay – so he didn't have the sorrowful look on his face like he was about to give us really bad news. "Halfway through the procedure your daughter's heart rate started dropping. She went into Anaphylaxis. Luckily, we were able to stabilize her, however we suspect she won't wake up for another couple of hours. We're monitoring her closely."

There were complication, but she was okay.

She was okay!

While Dr. Benson explained Natalie's post-op care, something caught my eye. Her dad was hugging the brunette by his side, and smiling at her as a nurse updated them.

He didn't even bother to come over and ask how Natalie was doing.

This man is making it really difficult to not punch him in the face.

"You have got to be fucking kidding me!" Caroline hissed as she watched the scene unfold. I should have known I needed to keep a closer eye on her, because the next thing I know Caroline was storming over to where Natalie's dad was standing.

"Fuck." I groaned as I tried to catch up with her before she could cause a scene.

"You really are something else!" Caroline laughed sarcastically as she came to a stop in front of Natalie's dad. "Everyone else here may be too polite to say it, but you're a piece of shit."

"You were soooo quick to ask how your daughter is but in case you forgot, you have TWO!" She continued, pointing an accusatory finger at him. "One that risked her life to save the other, and ended up having complications during surgery, but you don't even give a shit! All you care about is your perfect new family, but don't forget you left a perfectly good one behind all of those years ago."

"You have some fucking balls even being in the same room as Olivia and Natalie after what you did to them!" By now, Caroline had begun to attract the attention of the hospital staff passing though the hallways.

Mr. Dawson just stared at her like he couldn't believe she was talking to him this way before he angrily replied, "This is none of your business, young lady. You have no right to speak to me this way."

"None of my business?" Caroline shrieked as she took a step closer to him and stared him deadpan in the eye. "Anything concerning my best friend is my business."

"Mr. Dawson, I think it's best if you waited somewhere else." I interjected, pulling Caroline away before she actually punched him.

Not that anyone here would really mind, I though bitterly.

He looked like he was about to protest, but the brunette by his side grabbed his arm and led him down the hallway.

"Let go of me!" Caroline trashed in my grasp. "I'll fucking kill him."

Now you see why she terrified me?

"Stop it." I gripped her arm. "What's done is done. Natalie wouldn't want this."

That seemed to get her attention.

........

Natalie still hadn't woken up yet, but Olivia had gone in to sit with her. They were only allowing one person in at a time for now so we all agreed it was best if her mom was the first one to see her.

Even though it was killing me not to be in there with her – holding her hand.

As Brooke, Caroline and I continued to wait outside Natalie's room for her to wake up, I felt my phone vibrate. Pulling it out of my pocket, it was a text from Lucas.