Aiden Bonus Chapter (Chapter 32)

Start from the beginning

She was a light at the end of a very dark tunnel.

In fact – she had me wrapped around her finger, from the very first time she spoke my name.

Whether I care to admit it or not, the second I laid eyes on her, I knew she would somehow come crashing into my world and turn it completely upside down.

She was the one girl that I wanted more than just a hook up with.

I wanted all of her.

I wanted her beauty.

I wanted her brains.

I wanted her stubbornness.

I wanted every single inch of her, emotionally and physically.

And the thing I love most about her, is that she didn't for one second, put up with my shit.

I tried kidding myself at first that she was just another girl, and maybe if I just got her out of my system, she wouldn't have such a hold on me. Boy was I wrong. It became ten times harder to be away from her once I really got to know her and the two of us started hanging out.

I admit, I was a total dick and tried to get her out of my mind by aimlessly hooking up with other girls in the hopes that the feelings I was developing for her would go away. I never saw myself as the relationship type, especially so close to the end of high school. But no matter how many girls I slept with, none of them compared to Natalie – and my mind would always drift back to her.

I finally came to terms with the fact that I wanted her, and only her. Even if she didn't want the same, I stopped fucking around with different girls. The look on her face when she walked in on Victoria and I that day, it's something I never want to see again.

Instead, I wanted to be the person she knew she could always count on, even when everything and everyone was being impossible.

I wanted to be the reason she smiled even when there was nothing else to smile about.

I wanted to be the one that made her see that she was amazing, no matter what anybody else said. I wanted to treat her with the respect she deserved.

To me, she was absolutely fucking perfect. Both on the outside and on the inside – I don't care what anyone else says. She may be more stubborn than anyone I've ever met – and I've known Ella for more than half my life – but she was my stubborn person.

Caroline and Brooke chose that exact moment to come rushing down the hallway. When they spotted us, the two of them quickened their paced until they came to a stop in front of Olivia and enveloped her in a tight hug.

Then, Caroline turned towards me. "When I text you about my best friend, I expect you to fucking answer!" She hissed as she pinched my arm.

I thought about giving her some smartass reply, but instead I nodded. She honestly scared me – not that I would ever admit that out loud.

........

It was just after two when someone finally came out to speak to us. Natalie's dad was the first to jump to his feet and approach the doctor, making me think maybe he wasn't so bad after all.

However, then he opened his mouth. "How's my daughter? Is she okay? Is Brittany okay?" He franticly asked.

"She's fine, sir. Another doctor will be out shortly to brief you." The doctor replied before his eyes continued to scan the waiting area.

"I'm looking for Natalie Dawson's family?" I felt my heart sink as I sprang to my feet. Olivia clutched my arm for support as she mimicked my actions.