Chapter 6

Chapter 6
Third POV
Stiles had just hung up the phone with Thomas when he looked back up at Lydia. Lydia moved her foot slightly and the trap began to move so she hurriedly put her foot back in the same position it was in.

"Stiles, you don't need the instructions. You're smart. I trust that you can get me out of this" Lydia said.

Stiles nodded coming closer to Lydia. He sat by the trap. He shifted a little while trying to read the instructions again when his leg brushed against something metal on the ground. He shifted the grass with his hand making contact with the knob. He realized what it did. This knob would release the pressure in the trap and give Lydia enough time to step off before the trap closed.

"Be ready to run," Stiles said. Lydia nodded a nervous smile made its way onto her face. Stiles turned the knob to the left. The was a puff and Stiles shot up to his feet as Lydia stumbled into him free from the trap. She held onto him trying to calm her breathing.

Stiles ran his hands through her hair and down her back in an attempt to help her. She leaned into the comforting touch. Footsteps sounded through the clearing. Thomas, Newt, and Minho ran into the clearing.

Thomas halted his running at the same time as his friends. The couple smiled relieved at the trio. The trio smiled back seeing the pair getting closer. Minho slapped Stiles on the back as he walked by.

"Told you, you could do it," He said before beginning their jog back to the crash site. They heard a howl before they got there. The group of five increased their speed hearing the howling sound.
Isaac and Allison heard the howl from their spot in the woods. The howl ignited a strength in Isaac he didn't know he had. Isaac screamed again, his eyes glowing. The beta used this newfound strength to pry the trap apart. The two pieces of the jaw came apart in his hands Isaac falling to the ground in a huff of exhaustion, relief, and pain.

Scott looked up his eyes back to their normal brown color. In front of him, a girl sat up looking confused. She looked around at her surroundings than her hands. Scott helped her stand up and then gave her his jacket to cover up. Stiles and the rest of their group made it back as the girl stood up. Stiles called his dad letting him know everything was okay.

The Sheriff arrived and everyone else but the Sheriff and his boys left. Thomas got in the backseat and Stiles in the front telling their father what had happened. They pulled up to the Tate house. Mr. Tate had arrived home after the dart wore off. Stiles and Thomas watched from the car as the sheriff walked the girl up to the front door. Malia smiled at her dad nodding at the question of is it really you. The two hugged long and hard. They smiled when father and daughter reunited for the first time in 8 years. Stiles looked to his left noticing the word in the bottom of the mirror. He realized something then He could read the words written there. 

"Thomas!!" Stiles said excitedly, gaining a confused glance from his brother. "I can read the words at the bottom of the mirror and I can read them!!' Stiles clarified.  

Thomas smiled at his brother's excitement. They sat in a comfortable silence waiting for their father to return to the car.

On the other side of the woods, Newt was helping Isaac limp out of the woods while his leg was still healing. Allison walked beside them, listening to the two brothers speak to each other. They talked about all the things that had happened before Newt was kidnapped.  Allison laughed as Newt told an embarrassing Isaac story. 

Eventually, they made it to Allison's car. Isaac hobbled in as Newt held him steady. Then Newt himself limped closer. Allison frowned, noticing it still hadn't gotten much better since the crash, granted it had only been a few bays but surely he would have been feeling less pain by now. Allison shrugged it off, getting in her car and driving the two boys back to Scott's. They limped back inside and the door closed leaving Allison alone to drive back to her apartment. She greeted her dad and sat with him on the couch.