Im awakened, no more fakin

Julie's POV:
I toss and turn all night thinking about it, how could he not wanna see his mom? I would say so many things if I could see my mom just one more time.
Doesn't he want that chance before he can't have it anymore?
I can't stop thinking about it, so I get out of bed and go to the garage. I open the door a crack and look. It's pitch black but I can see Alex and Reggie asleep in the loft. Luke sits there on the couch, flipping through his music book.

"Luke" I whisper. He eyes light up and he jumps from the couch. I walk outside knowing he'll follow me.

"Jules, what are you doing awake?"

"I'm sorry for getting so mad at you, I know it must be hard to think about seeing your parents after everything"

"I'm sorry too, I should have thought about what you said. Your right, I wanna see them again"

"Really?" I ask, hoping filling in me.

"Yeah, I'm not sure how they'll react but when I saw them the last time. I don't know it just changed how I felt" I smile and pull him down for a kiss. He kisses me back and pulls away.

"Jules, does this mean we're okay?"

"Yeah we're okay dork" I say resting my forehead I'm against his. He grabs my hand, wrapping his fingers in mine.

"Julie, can I take you somewhere?"

"What? It's like 2am"

"Perfect" He whispers pulling his face away and looking at me with a small grin.

"Okay, just let me grab some shoes" I say kissing his hand and running inside. I sneak up to my room, slipping on my vans and going back down stairs. I'm pretty sure if my dad found out I was sneaking out at 2am to go I don't even know where with some boy, he would kill me.

"You ready?" He ask, as I carefully close the door behind me.

"Sure" I say walking to him and grabbing his hand.

At the beach
"Why'd you bring me here?" I ask, sitting down in the sand. Luke sits beside me and I lay against him. He wraps his arms around me.

"Your mom took me here before she died. Or you know had a downfall"

"She never told me that, neither did you" I against his chest.

"Yeah, I remember it like it was yesterday"

Flashback
"Hi Mrs.Molina, is everything okay?" The boy ask, shifting nervously from foot to foot.

"Yes sweetheart, I just wanted to talk to you. Wanna go to the beach?" She ask, grabbing her purse.

"Sure" they walk in silence for a while until the mom finally speaks.

"Luke, you know I love you like one of my own kids"

"I do Mrs.Molina"

"Your such a good friend for Julie and a good influence on Carlos"

"I don't know if I'm a good influence or not" he says with a laugh.

"I think you are, you inspire him to do with he wants and I love that. Just promise me, you'll always do what you want?"

"Mrs. Molina, you got some time left"

"Luke, I know I'm not gonna die tomorrow but I'm not getting better. I just want to make sure that someone's there for Julie snd Carlos but I want that someone to be you"

"It will Mrs.Molina, I love them"

"That's what they're gonna need" She says squeezing his shoulders "now you wanna go get some ice cream?"

"Okay" he smiles. It was the last perfect day he could remember with her. They got ice cream and picked up the stuff for dinner. Then when they got back home, Luke wrote with Julie while Rose cooked. They had a family dinner and it was almost like nothing had changed. Deep down, they knew nothing ever would.

"I remember that night" I smile, memories flashing in my brain "we were one big happy family. Remember Carlos made us all play Just Dance with him"

"Yeah and we beat him!" Luke exclaims laughing.

"We stayed up so late watching movies after he went to bed" It was perfect, it was the perfect night.

I remember, we eat dinner like normal and played games and watched movies. Then after my parents when to sleep. Me and Luke snuck out onto the roof.

Flashback 
"Cmon Jules" Luke whispers to me, half out my window.

"No, we'll fall off and die" I say trying to pull him back in.

"You only live once and I feel like you must watch the stars with your best friend at least once in that life" I smile and shake my head. God how does he do that?

"Fine, but if I die snd you don't. You best believe in haunting you" He smiles and climbs onto the roof then helping me up.

"Wow this view is amazing" I say, staring at the sky.

"It really is, see you don't regret coming up here now do you?" He jokes

"I don't" he grabs my hand and wraps his arm around my shoulders. We stay just like that watching the stars.

"I didn't know you came here with my mom though or that she said that"

"Yeah, I wish I could have held up to my promise" he says looking away.

"Hey hey, you did. You were there for me and you helped bring me back to music Luke. I couldn't have done it without you" I say pulling his face to mine "that's why I love"

"Your perfect Julie, just perfect" he says placing a sweet kiss on my lips. He pulls away and helps me up.

"Wanna walk around for a bit more?" I nod and we walk on the beach, holding hands. It's quiet and neither of us say much, but it's nice.

A/n: I hope you enjoyed the chapter, it's kinda a filler ngl but I liked the flashbacks :)

I love you so much ♥️ -R