You don't mess with a Bianco!

Start from the beginning

selfish.

We locked eyes for a split second, his eyes filling with dread and regret. He wanted to come over to me but I quickly ran out of the house and got as far away from that house as possible. My heart racing faster than I was running.
My poor father. I haven't spoken to him since I moved out, I should call him.

The phone rang and rang until the last ring, he picked up.
"Ciao mia principessa, I've been worried you forgot about me!" He said jokingly.

"I know, I know I'm so sorry daddy I have just been dealing with a lot." I replied, trying to hold back my tears. "Can we meet up for dinner? I really need to talk to you. Could you fly out tomorrow?" I asked, nervously.

"Don't apologize I was only joking, my love" He replied. "Yes, yes of course my tesoro" I just need to handle out a few things then I can be in New York in the next couple of days!" He assured. "Everything okay Sofia?" He added.

"Yes everything is great I'm fine... love you daddy!"

I had to lie to him, I couldn't let him lash out and do anything to harm anyone, or make him worry too much.
"Okay my love, see you soon. Bye."
"Bye!"

After that, I just strolled the streets. I wanted to go back home, to my loft but that wasn't safe anymore. I had to call someone so I called Sebastian.

"Hey, Sebastian? I-I need you can you call me back I really need to talk to you.
It's Matteo I'm worried about him last night after you dropped me off, he went crazy and choked  me up against the wall. He was really drunk and out of control.
I can't stay there anymore. Call me back?"

His phone went straight to voicemail so I left a message explaining what had happened and where I was.
I instantly broke...again. Who was I kidding? I wasn't over it, I couldn't just heal right away over something like that. It isn't human to just flip a switch and make everything better. I didn't sign up for this, I moved here to start a new, fresh, stress-free life. And where do I find myself? Wrapping a scarf around my neck to hide a bruise, tangled up in mafia mess, no mother, learning about my family secrets and the list goes on!
When did life get so complicated?

I was going to spend a few nights at the Four Seasons, finally forget about everything and be on my own. To work on and repair myself.
I checked in at the front desk and finally got a room last minute. I was so tired of crying, my face had looked like a mess and I smelled of New York, disgusting. I took a long hot shower and just relaxed. For a moment I forgot all my demons and just simply relaxed.

Tonight I was determined to get a good night's rest, hoping my mom would come to visit me, I needed her right now.

AUTHOR

Back at Matteo's house, Sebastian was completely clueless about what had happened. He spent the whole day catering to him, regular mafia business, shipping guns and drugs to the warehouse. Matteo just acting as if nothing happened, if anything he's been nothing but more of a prick. He started lashing out at his crew members and blaming them for small things. Inside, he was devastated. He had just abused and forever hurt and scared the one person who filled him up with happiness and purity. It was the first time since before his father died where he was truly happy.

Sebastian, Matteo and the crew were later hanging out at a bar by the house when he decided to listen to his messages.
"What, when did Sofia call me? I haven't heard from her since last night."
"Hey, Sebastian? I-I need you can you call me back I really need to talk to you. It's Matteo I'm worried about him last night after you dropped me off, he went crazy and choked me up against the wall. He was really drunk and out of control... 
I can't stay here anymore. Call me back?"

The look on Sebastian's face when he heard what Matteo had done to her, he was ready to kill someone, anyone in sight.
......
SEBASTIAN

As I heard those words come out of Sofia's transparent genuine hurt in her soft angelic voice, my face and mood instantly shifted. I jumped up, scanned the room for him and made my way up to Matteo with pure anger.

"The fuck Matteo! You are a grown-ass man putting hands on her like that!" I yelled, the whole bar had heard me by now. I shoved him into the wall, punching his face.

"Seb calm your fucking ass down, I should be punching you right now!" Matteo yelled back, shoving Sebastian off of him. Not owning up to anything.

"Punching me bro? Just because I go out with a woman does not mean you can lash out! She's out here roaming the streets, staying in a fucking hotel because you, not anyone else!
You're the one who wanted to choke her and throw her up against the wall!" I yelled, ignoring the face I left on his face.

We spent at least an hour fighting and arguing about what he had done. Who the fuck puts their hands on a woman? He must be sick in the fucking head.
"Oh fuck off Sebastian you don't really like her." He replied.

"It's not my fault you fell "in love" with her Matteo. I swear I will-"

"Boys, boys, why all the shouting for? I thought we were long past this bloody fighting!"

Matteo and I both turned our heads facing the door where she stood.
"What. The. Fuck?" I whispered, laying off Matteo.

"Oh shit." We both gasped...