je veux me baigner toute la journée

Start from the beginning

Goosebumps raise on my skin as I feel Harry staring at me in my most vulnerable state. I didn't even think before changing clothes in front of him, it just seemed natural for some reason.

I would never have done this with Tyler.

"Sorry, I'll stop being a creep." He chuckles, moving over to his jewellry box to put on his signature rings.

"It's okay, don't worry. I wouldn't have done it if I cared. Plus, you've seen me in my bathing suit, so it's not much different." I shrug.

Harry tilts his head to the side in understanding. Once clothed again, I wrap my arms around his strong torso and rest my head on his shoulder, peering into the mirror in front of us.

"If someone had told me in San Francisco that this would happen, I would have shook my head and laughed in disbelief," I smile at our reflection. "But look where we are now."

"Getting changed in front of each other and sharing jewellry."

I laugh at him, and rummage in my suitcase to find my purse. It's a content silence for no more than three seconds until Gemma knocks harshly on the door again, followed quickly by Anne telling her to calm down.

"We should probably head downstairs before Gemma explodes."

Harry grins, and squeezes my side gently as he leads me out of his bedroom, giving his reflection a little thumbs up gesture. It smells divine, and the warm fluffy pancakes are the obvious source. There are miniature bowls of maple syrup and jam set up on the dining table, set beside four sets of cutlery and plates.

"Ah you're up! Happy birthday!" Anne beams, giving Harry a kiss on his cheek.

"Thanks Mum..."

The two share a very sweet embrace, the pride shining so brightly in Anne's eyes. I know where Harry gets his beauty and love from. The pair have the same striking eyes and wide, kind smile that reaches their eyes to create crinkles and makes dimples in their cheeks.

"How did you sleep, Nixie?"

"Oh well thank you, it was warmer than I was expecting." I answer her question.

"She slept very well..."

I feel a nudge on my shin, looking up to see Harry across the table from me with a stupid smirk on his lips. He winks, and reaches out for the maple syrup as if he didn't say anything, causing an unsteady stream of butterflies to erupt inside of me.

What a little- It's his birthday, it's his special day...

"So why was I dragged out of bed by my girlfriend?" Harry asks, mouth full of pancake.

"In what reality was this?" Gemma scoffs.

"My favourite one."

I watch the two bicker back and forth. It reminds me of my siblings, who will no doubt be texting in a few minutes to wish Harry happy birthday. They set alarms to get the timing right.

"We have to go in 20 minutes, so eat up," Anne sighs and shakes her head. "Harry, I can't believe I'm saying this, but you're 25. Use your fork, please."

I smother a laugh badly as his cheeks go bright red, a piece of pancake between his fingers. Gemma starts snickering smugly, and pokes her tongue out in a taunting manner.

"Where are we even going? It's like 7 o'clock in the morning..."

"It's 10am, genius." Gemma states, dumbfounded.

"Oh."

After a delicious breakfast of pastries and pancakes and an array of different sweet toppings, we all pile into the car. An argument breaks out immediately over who we should listen to. I catch Anne's eye in the front mirror, and we both smile and shake our heads.