t'adore

(18/09/17)

I steal one last glance at myself in the mirror as I walk out of my hotel room. My flared red trousers look absolutely brilliant, and my white fitted top matches well, as do my slightly chunky black boots.

I nod proudly, satisfied with my outfit, and stride downstairs to the cafe just like I did yesterday, except this time there is a happy spring in my step.

I'm meeting Sarah and Charlotte for lunch. I got along with them really well yesterday. It did surprise me how easily they opened up though. They were fine with telling me all about their lives, whereas that would take me months. It was fascinating.

It's not that I don't like opening up to people. I do. It just takes a while because of what has happened in the past. I guess I'm just scared to be open again.

"There she is!"

"Our little sister!" Charlotte finishes, giving me an excited hug.

It seems I can't escape being the youngest, and the littlest wherever I go. It's not my fault that I'm short.

"What are we having ladies?" Sarah says.

"A mango honey smoothie." I smirk, whereas Sarah rolls her eyes.

It reminds me of Penelope.

I've already been getting teased over my love of mango honey smoothies. I believe it's a perfectly reasonable thing to love. At least I don't have an obsession with eggs. That would be weird.

No offense to any egg lovers.

"Yes, actually, Sarah, I am getting a mango honey smoothie." I sass back.

"Weirdo." She smirks.

"You've known me for a day and a half, you can't tease me already."

"Yes, I can. You're the youngest, and the newest. It's part of initiation." Sarah grins.

I look to Charlotte for some kind of backup, but she just hides her giggles through her hand. I roll my eyes playfully, and we order.

"So, when is the first show?" I ask.

"Tonight. We're driving there pretty much straight after we finish lunch." Sarah laughs.

"Oops. I really need like a timetable, or something." I laugh back.

While my new friends laugh more at my immaturity and bad time management seeping through, I notice a group of men getting out of the elevator. One has long, very dark brown hair and a guitar case in hand, and his assumed friend next to him has short, messy light hair. I can't tell if it's blonde or brown from here.

The man on the end has a completely different vibe about him. I think it's something to do with the bright floral shirt he has hung around his shoulders, only two buttons done up.

Apparently good minds think alike, because he is also wearing wide legged trousers. His are a shade of light brown however, corresponding with the colour of his curly hair. I frown, recognising his face. Everything down to the sage eyes and cheeky dimple as he locks his gaze on mine.

Then, I realise that this man is Harry Styles.

And he is looking directly at me.

Sarah and Charlotte are too busy joking around to notice my staring. Harry slowly holds a finger up to his mouth, and makes a shushing gesture. I nod subtly, and watch as he sneaks up behind Sarah. An ear piercing shriek is let out as he grips her shoulders tightly, and suddenly.