::3::

️Play - Love is gone [SLANDER, Dylan Matthew]

Third person's pov

The buzzing crowd, loud music, mixed noises of people chatting, clinking and clanking of utensils from the dining hall--everything made the party hall lively.

Hoseok would call it vibrant.

The bright lights inside and outside the hall, he'd definitely call it vibrant, but in all honesty it was more than vibrant. More bright. It was just blinding.

The said male was walking around the hall. His long legs moving in different directions in search of one thing.

Washroom.

Hoseok's been standing there in the hall--the centre of attention--for more than four hours. His feet was hurting like a bitch, but all he wanted to do now was go use the restroom.

Drinking four-- or even more? He doesn't remember. Well, drinking a lot of water to control his growing anxiety was a bad idea.

He was walking towards the west wing now, smiling towards every single person he passes by. After all, he was the star of tonight. The groom.

"Hoseok, my dear, how have you been?" a lady somewhere in her mid fifties asked smiling, slowly coming forward to hug the tall male.

"I've been good," Hoseok accepted the hug, smiling softly.

Who was she? He didn't know. She might be his dad's aunt, his mom's relative, maybe Yoongi's granny of sorts, he didn't know. He doesn't remember.

"Where's Yoongi?" she asked, her voice a little shushed due to the loud music playing.

"H-He," Hoseok didn't know that as well. Where was Yoongi? No one told him. "He's in the washroom. I'm going to fetch him," he smiled, glad that he was able to come up with a lie that was not so obvious.

"Oh. Okay, dear. Go get your man," she laughed at her own words as she patted Hoseok on his shoulder and walked away.

If you were wondering, it was Hoseok and Yoongi's wedding anniversary.

Generally, people would always use terms like happy, nervous, ecstatic, giddy and more to express how they felt on their marriage ceremony.

But as for Hoseok and Yoongi, it was just two words. Two different words for each.

Anger and Regret.

Sadness and Hope.

It was your typical arranged marriage. But, no, it was not forced. Both of them were given time to think through it and was done with both of their consent.

But, by the end of the day, the two were getting married only to make their parents happy.

It's dumb, they knew. But, the two would definitely sacrifice anything they have to see smiles on their parents' face.

And Hoseok would definitely do anything. Anything, to see his mother smile. The lady who was in her death bed. Hoseok didn't care that he was giving himself away. But, if that'd make his mother happy, if she thought that would do good for her son--he didn't mind being the scape goat.

He didn't mind marrying a person that hated him with every fibre of his existence.

So, letting his thoughts fog his mind like every other day, he trudged down the hallway.

Fine. What the hell?

What kind of a marriage hall didn't have toilets? He's been searching it for fifteen minutes and he hasn't found it.

"Excuse me?" he called out--a passersby stopping, a little startled.

"Yes?"

"Do you know where the washroom is?" he questioning. It was a female. The girl in twenties--she was beautiful.

"Down the hall," she replied smiling. With that she walked away.

Mindlessly, Hoseok walked down the hall.

Finally reaching the end, he saw the washroom sign.

Sighing, he walked forward. Placing his hands on the cold metal Knob, he was ready to open the door, but stopped himself when he heard a voice.

"Fucking hell," the voice--Yoongi's voice precisely, yelled.

"Oh my god, stop doing that," another voice chuckled. It was a stranger. At least to Hoseok.

Hoseok stood outside, thinking. He didn't want to make the elder angry by entering, but he wanted to use the washroom. He stood there unsure.

"This is annoying," Yoongi grumbled, annoyance so clear in his voice.

"Hyung, you're going to peel your skin off! Stop scrubbing it so hard," the voice said, a little concerned now.

"No, I have to wash it away. The disgusting feeling," he heard Yoongi say. After that, he heard the water tap going on "I literally held his hands for hours. It-it just disgusts me," Hoseok heard Yoongi say.

"But he's your husb--"

"Please no. I will never accept him as my another half," Yoongi muttered--still lound enough that Hoseok heard it "Holding his hands itself is disgusting. Husband? It's not happening,"

This.

This sent a pang to Hoseok's heart. His chest paining physically. Without his knowledge, tears started streaming down his cheeks.

"Let go? I won't. Not now. Never," Yoongi looked at his friend who's head was still downcast, hands tightly gripping onto his bag's strap "I won't let others hurt you, Hob-ah"

"I will never let go of your hands,"

From this,

"Holding his hands disgust me,"

How did they end up like that?

What did Hoseok do to receive so much hate from someone he considers his only safe place?

Maybe, Yoongi was not his safe place anymore.

Maybe, Yoongi didn't care anymore.

But, was it really Hoseok's fault?

"He disgust me," he heard Yoongi's voice, from inside.

'I know.

I feel disgusted of myself as well.'

Hoseok let his feet take him wherever it pleased.

Upon seeing that he has neared the main hall, he wiped his tears away, smiling so hard that everyone believed he was fine. For a second, he himself believed that everything was alright.

But, that night did hold more for Hoseok.

As he stood somewhere in the corner, greeting guests, he saw his friend running towards him--his facial features showing he was panicked.

"Hey, Ji--"

"Hoseok!! Your mom!"

Mom?

Mom..

Mom..?

Mom!?

Hoseok ran, his eyes wide--an uncertain fear filling his body.

"Mom!"

What did he even do wrong?

After all, he was human too.

But why?