SPECIAL CHAPTER PART IV

Start from the beginning

Qin Shao subconsciously wanted to remove a strand of hair from Su Bei’s face. But when his hand approached, Su Bei suddenly struggled. She shrank and curled into a ball, trembling with fear and alertness.

Mr. Qin did not dare to come closer, so he stepped back and left a safe space for Su Bei. “Don’t be afraid, Xiaobei, it’s safe here. Dad won’t let anyone hurt you.”

The answer Qin Shao’s got was Su Bei’s silent avoidance and her vacant expression.

Su Bei refused to let people approach or touch her, so the doctor could only examine her when she was asleep.

Qin Shao asked with a low voice: “How is my daughter? Why does she seem to be unresponsive to her surrounding?” Except for showing strong resistance when someone approached, Su Bei was totally unresponsive to her surroundings and simply sat with vacant eyes on the hospital bed.

“Her present condition is due to the self-withdrawing state after receiving a great psychological trauma. This includes a varying degree of disorder in hearing, vision, and even taste. She needs to recover slowly, and it is difficult to predict how long it will take her to recover.”

“I understand.” Qin Shao gently stroke Su Bei’s head, as he often did in the dream. However, the present Su Bei didn’t look relaxed even in her sleep.

After two weeks, Su Bei still trembled when people approached her, and she still didn’t show any sign to speak up. However, thanks to Qin Shao’s untiring effort, Su Bei no longer repelled his approach so much. She still shivered subconsciously when Qin Shao touched her, but no longer reacted as heavily as before.

Mr. Qin’s face, which was very similar to Su Xiaobao’s, probably played some role.

Today, Mr. Qin squatted in front of Su Bei’s bed, carefully applying a cotton swab soaked in medicine to the injuries on his daughter’s hands and legs.

Qin Shao: “Does it hurt?”

“…” Su Bei just stared blankly in silence.

Qin Shao still smiled gently.

“The weather is nice today. Do you want to go for a walk?”

“What do you want to eat for lunch? Do you want to eat your favorite snack?”

The girl remained silent.

“Xiaobei, wait a minute. Dad will go to get you some tasty food.” Just as Mr. Qin turned around, Su Bei suddenly held his hand.

“!!!” Mr. Qin was surprised.

“Xiaobei?”

Su Bei looked up at Mr. Qin, and finally said her first sentence in weeks: “Can you save Su Xiaobao? Please save him.”

Qin Shao: “Okay.”

Actually, there was no need for Su Bei to ask. Qin Shao naturally had taken various ways to save Su Xiaobao. Although the process was a bit lengthy and troublesome, he wanted to let his son proven to be totally innocent.

On the day when the giant Song Group completely collapsed and Song Yancheng was sent to the world’s harshest prison in Country A, Mr. Qin personally fetched Su Xiaobao from the prison.

Looking at the youth walking towards him, Mr. Qin thought: this kid had a maturity that didn’t match his age.

Su Xiaobao also stared at Mr. Qin. Similar to their first meeting in the dream, his eyes were full of guards. But the youth in front of Mr. Qin today no longer had the same high-spiritedness and brashness as the fourteen-year-old boy in the dream.

Su Xiaobao observed the strange man who saved him from the prison. Although he didn’t know this man, he had an indescribable sense of familiarity towards the other person. He also vaguely heard that this man was a very powerful person.

“Thank you.” Su Xiaobao said hoarsely.

Qin Shao’s gaze stayed on Su Xiaobao. After a while, he suddenly smiled: “Stinky boy. It’s rare to hear you being so polite to your father.”

Su Xiaobao: ?!!

While Su Xiaobao was still stunned, Mr. Qin walked over and patted his shoulder: “Let’s go. Xiaobei is very worried about you.”

In the hospital, looking at the two children hugging each other, Mr. Qin sighed: he finally found them.

Qin Group could provide the best medical treatment. It wouldn’t take long to heal Su Bei’s injuries and Su Xiaobao’s leg. However, it might take much longer to heal their psychological trauma.

However, it didn’t matter. No matter what, he would do his best to take care of them.