Chapter 42 | 'Frustration' [ 1 ]

Hello! Sorry if I took too long to update! I took a long break from writing since I wasn't feeling motivated to edit the chapters for all of you to read! ;-; 

So for you all to forgive me, here is a drawing of Scourge! :D

>>>

Sonic's POV:

"..."

"Finally you're here! So how did your practice with Amy go?" My mother asked excitedly, her eyes sparkling as I sat on my usual seat. I gently placed a napkin on my lap before I answered, " We were able to finish quickly since she instantly learned the ropes, so there was no need to do some re-takes." My mother's eyes sparkled and she eventually smiled, "Really? I knew she was the perfect partner for you at the start! Oh, I'm so excited for the ceremony!" I furrowed my brows, but I didn't bother to answer and just focused on eating quickly since if this conversation continues, I think I'll lose my appetite. With the same old quiet and tense atmosphere, normal people wouldn't really know that we're a family eating together. 

My mother then continued with a small smile. "And that's why you should also be excited for the trip tomorrow since this would be the first time we have taken a trip with your fiance." She continued. I gripped the fork that I was using and stopped the frown that I was about to make, "Is... that so?" I muttered, forcing a small smile. Sure, I guess. I would be able to travel again, but I know that going to Italy wasn't for vacation purposes. It was only this small act of getting engaged to Amy that will only make my mother happy, and I guess nothing makes a caring mother happier to see her son get married off to the one she picked out for him.

But was that really it?

.....

"You fucking pervert! I should have kicked your balls at the beginning of this story if I knew you were just gonna end up being a fucking pervert!"

My eyes widened, did I really just thought of Amy right now? But thinking about her... does make my head feel a bit better though. I let out a small chuckle, enough for me to only hear. Well, to be frank, it wasn't that bad to tease her for a bit also. But seeing her a bit uncomfortable earlier, forced me to hold back. From going one step further. 

"So did you know about Sir Geronimo's son? He was amazing--"  

"Can I not include the kiss part?" I asked my mother, who was busy talking with Dad.

And just that, the room went silent, and I heard Manic cough after I asked that. But maybe it was me who should be shocked right now since I should know that my mother won't agree to that! My mother slowly looked at me, her eyes narrowed when our eyes met. "Why? Won't you kiss someone after you proposed to them? Sonic?" Her voice was cold, and I could feel myself shiver when she slowly told me those words. 

I gulped, oh shoot. I nervously chuckled and quickly came up with a terrible excuse, "It's just that I don't want to trouble Amy. Earlier, she looks so uncomfortable when we were practicing. And I don't really want her to feel uncomfortable around me."

 My mother went quiet for a moment as she looked away, after, her eyes met mine and I could tell she was somewhat a bit frustrated. After a moment of silence, she sighed, "Is that so? Well then, okay."

 I was shocked, I didn't intend to... wait what? What did I didn't intend to?? Dinner ended with me getting more frustrated with each step I took to my room, wondering why I suddenly asked that and what made me think of those things? Is it because of what Amy said? Why am I getting so worked up? To be realistic, it was the right choice to be concerned about Amy being uncomfortable earlier, so that's why I should ask my mom if we can not just do this kiss part. So why do I feel this small feeling of regret inside of me?