Chapter 17: Feeling Good

After several months of pain and grief, Allison decided it was time to move on with her life. It was time for her to feel good. It's what Malia would've wanted for her, even though the two of them weren't as close.

Allison moved away from California and headed all the way the the big apple- New York City. She got a job as a bartender at a popular club that most celebrities visited. It was hard for her to find a real job since she didn't have a high school degree- but a bartender will do just fine.

She developed a fake identity- Alexa Phillips, so that nobody would be suspicious of the fact that she technically died over five years ago. Phillips was her mother's maiden name though, so it felt close to her in a way.

At this point in her life, Allison was actually feeling good about herself. She missed her old life, but she knew this was for the best. It was the only way she could move on and have a drama-free life.

Until someone familiar rolled into her bar.

"Allison Argent..." the man said with a dark, scary tone. "I thought you were dead."

"Sorry, you must have the wrong person," Allison replied. "My name is Alexa Phillips."

"I'd recognize that brown hair from anywhere. Stop lying, and meet me outside in five minutes."

"I'm working."

"Do it, or these people will die."

"Fine," she answered.

After five minutes of pacing around in the back closet, Allison walked outside to the parking lot of Pluto, the club she worked at. Outside, the frightening man was standing there in the shadows.

"What are you doing, working at Pluto? You should be dead."

Allison pulled out her claws. "Put those away, Allison."

"What are you doing, Ryan? I'm sorry I broke up with you, I had to move."

"See, but that's the thing, Allison," he chuckled. "You always moved. And I never knew why. So I did some digging, and it turns out your dad was a hunter. A werewolf hunter. So, I did some more research and decided to become a hunter myself."

That's when Allison ultimately realized something. "You killed Malia," she shakily said.

"And now you too."

Allison quickly ran as fast as she could away from Ryan. She ran all the way home, and locked her door. It wasn't safe enough, but at least she could grab some belongings and take an Uber to the airport where she could fly back to the only place she knew would be safe- Beacon Hills.

And that's how she found herself again on Scott McCall's doorstep.