"No."

"No?"

"No."

I take out my phone, cringing when I look at the time. "I'm not trying to be rude, but I'm sort of running late so if you'll excuse me."

I exit my home, lock the front door and try to make it to my car, but he blocks my way.

"I'll let you go until you agree to come same time as this morning."

"Por supuesto que no. Of course not. You are a complete and total stranger to me."

"You don't know who I am?"

I snort. "Should I?"

"Everyone knows my name," he states.

"Well, I hate to break it to you, buddy, but I am not everyone." I retort.

"I can see that for myself." He sighs, holding out his hand. "Vincent Woods. Pleased to meet you."

"I would introduce myself, but you already know my name." I look at his hand for a long time until I finally shake it. "Mr. Woods, I promise I'll go to your interview if you can just let me go through. Please."

He looks at me for the longest time, making me uncomfortable. Do I have something on my face?

"If you don't come, I'll keep coming to your house until you do so."

He moves aside and I take the opportunity to head to my car quickly. I open my car's door, but I don't get inside just yet.

"Mr. Woods, I always keep my promises and I never break them." I get inside and drive off.

¤ ¤ ¤

"Georgia, you should've been home by now. No need to worry." I exit the cafe with her following close behind me.

"No need to worry? That excuse of a man knows your address and you expect me to not worry?!"

We stop when we reach the minivan. I'm done with my shift for today.

"I'll just go to the interview and he won't bother me again. I'm pretty sure."

"I should tell Peter to send someone so they can watch you and the kids."

"I don't want him to worry, but thank you so much for caring for us." I give her a big bear hug. "Te quiero mucho [I love you so much]."

"It's a pleasure, dear and I love you, too." She hugs me back. "Now, go home and get some rest. I'll stay a little longer."

"You should go home and rest, too. C'mon, please?"

She sighs. "I cannot resist those beautiful eyes." She thinks about it, but finally agrees. "Well, okay. I'll just leave Billy in charge and grab my belongings."

"Okay, but I'm going with you." I smile at her.

"I can't say no to you." She sighs dramatically.

On the way back to Georgia's Café, she insults Vincent Woods with such profane language that I had to cover my poor ears.

¤ ¤ ¤

"Hey!" I greet Jimena when I reach her.

"Hey!" She greets back. "Don't tell me that my idiotic brother needs to ask you more questions."

I give her a look of disapproval. "No, I'm here because Mr. Woods wants to interview me."

She gives me a look of confusion. "Mr. Woods? He's with Mr. Dunkle. Why d-"

"Andrea."

I turn around to see Mr. Woods behind me.

"I'm glad you could make it." Although your poker face says otherwise.

"Well, I'm not." I mutter.

I look at Jimena. She's trying to stifle a laugh. Great. Apparently, it wasn't as quiet as I wanted it to be.

"Come." I follow him to the elevators after waving goodbye to Jimena.

¤ ¤ ¤

"You may leave."

"Thank you. Have a great day. Oh, and please don't forget about our agreement." I get up from the chair with difficulty and exit his office. Why must chairs dislike me so much?

I think I saw the corner of his mouth twitch but I had to be hallucinating.

What do animals have to do with me? Why does he want to know my life? Ugh. My head's going to explode.

I start to walk slowly without any hurry on an imaginary line, spreading my arms like an airplane. Halfway to the elevators, I look up and freeze.

Oh no. This is a nightmare. I'm having a nightmare. I'll wake up soon. This is not real. It's as if my body remembers that it's in danger, and it starts to run away before I acknowledge what I'm doing.

I find myself in front of Mr. Woods' office and without thinking, I open his door and close it behind me. With my back against it, I try to breathe but I can't. I can't.

"Andrea?" He gets up from his seat and in a blink of an eye, he's right in front of me. Holding my face gently between his big hands, he slightly frowns. "What's wrong, agapi mou [my love]?" He asks softly, his green eyes roaming my entire face.

I close my eyes tightly, tears streaming down my face. "Please hide me." I whimper.

All of a sudden, his face becomes blurry and there's a ringing in my ears. I feel myself falling, but I don't feel the ground.

"Gott verdammt [Goddammit]!"

Then, darkness consumes me.

¤ ¤ ¤

Hiii! I'm so sorry I've been gone for so long! I've been really busy lately and school's about to start but, I hope this chapter's worth it!

AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR OVER 100 VOTES AND THOSE WONDERFUL COMMENTS FOR MORE UPDATES! :D

I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH! YOU ARE MY INSPIRATION TO NOT GIVE UP ON THIS BOOK!

CIAO! :)

chocoholic_28