Chapter 19: She's a Traitor!

3rd Person POV:

Anakin raced angrily around the building, looking for Kina. He passed by to quickly check on Ahsoka.

She wasn't there.

"Ahem." Anakin coughed rudely at the medical droid. "Isn't Ahsoka supposed to be here?"

"Master Skywalker." The droid greeted monotonously, setting down a data pad with her health report. "Her friend, youngling Velakina, brought her outside for some fresh air."

No, no, no! Anakin screamed silently, his thoughts twisted by fear. This can't be!

"Why did you let her go?" He snarled.

"Sir, she's in safe hands, I can assure you." It said nonchalantly, going back to observing medical reports.

He threw the ration bars on the bed, staring at the medical droid irately. 

You fool!

He sprinted outside, but didn't see anything unusual.

Hurry, hurry, hurry! He panted.

"Anakin!" a voice called. "What on earth are you doing here?"

It was Obi-Wan. 

"Master!" He exclaimed, relieved. "I need you right now! Did you see Ahsoka? Was she with a blonde-haired youngling? Did she go to the hangar bay or continue down the building? She's in danger and-

"Slow down. Firstly, what do you mean by "Ahsoka is in danger?" Secondly, yes, I have seen her,  yes, she was going to the hangar bay, and yes, she was with a blond-haired youngling. Pretty sure her name is Belayina or Velakina. Thirdly, what's this got to do with me?" Obi-Wan asked calmly. 

"She's being abused by the youngling. We need to go help her!" He blurted abruptly.

Obi-Wan's eyes widened in horror. "I've known this Belayina youngling to be brash and demeaning in nature, but Anakin... this is a serious allegation-and we really shouldn't be randomly accusing her."

"I have proof!" The former apprentice shouted indignantly. He dragged his master as he sprinted to the hangar bay, elaborating on the story. By the time her finished, Obi-Wan was already ahead of him, lightsaber ignited, with a vehement spark in his eyes. 

  Anakin's gaze darted from side to side, when he suddenly spotted a curl of golden hair.

"You're not getting away this time." He muttered venomously. He dashed after her, with his master right behind him.

A distant shadow came into visibility at the end of the hangar bay, dragging another limp shade.

Ahsoka.

His breath stopped. He was scared- and for the second time in his life- he felt a dark, surging energy, coiling and slithering in his mind. He felt it when his mother, Shmi, had died, and he dreaded it.

Not her, not her too!

He desperately ran with all his energy to the end of the corridor, but Kina evaded him. 

The wretch must be trying to get to a ship safely.

The figure leapt into an Eta-7 Attis-class light interceptor ship, and flew out of the bay. Anakin and Obi-Wan raced to the activated starfighter, but it was already beginning to leave. Hopping into their own ships, they followed it.

"Jam its communication." The latter ordered. "I'll warn the Council to issue lockdown orders and deactivate hyperspace rings."

Anakin said nothing. He fired repeatedly at the ship, which swerved with great precision. 

You evil scum.

He fired and fired again, but the ship dodged everything. Then, starfighter turned around and fired back, and bright green lasers flew past his face. He twisted and flipped upside down for a few seconds, sending blue bolts towards its way. After a few minutes, he managed to damage the rear left engine.

"Hyperspace rings deactivated. They are rather fast" Obi-Wan remarked.

No reply. His former apprentice was so focused on destroying the Eta-7 that he couldn't hear him. He followed, sighing, and tried to intercept any messages. So far, nothing was out of place. Some chatter here and there with some Outer Rim friends, and asking for a loan of credits popped up in idle conversation within the communication system. However, as he listened further, he was severely disturbed.

 "Anakin?" Obi-wan said tightly. "Her commlink. The ship's communication system..." He spoke in broken sentences, shocked.

"What is it?!" He shouted annoyedly. His former master took it as a small victory that he was listening.

"I hear Dooku's voice. She's talking to the Count. They're...working together..."