Chapter 7: The Battle of Christophsis

Anakin POV:

Something is clearly wrong with Ahsoka. She was sick, got beaten up, and probably had a concussion. Yet she didn't even consider getting some bacta to cover her injuries.

However, the Battle of Christophsis distracted me. Obi-Wan and I were stuck without reinforcements, on a planet bursting with droids and their infuriatingly annoying "Roger Rogers". Our communications were down, and we were low on resources.

Just as we were talking, a ship landed. I was excited to see that reinforcements had arrived, but out popped a youngling. A. YOUNGLING, in an uncomfortable looking cloak. No extra troops, no more rations, no nothing. Just a measly little girl. However, as she stepped out of the shadows, she revealed herself to be Ahsoka, wearing her usual: a thick brown cloak, white leggings, and maroon boots. I was surprised to see her. Obi-Wan seemed to have taken her as a padawan. I refused to take any now; after reconsidering, I thought they would only slow me down.

Ahsoka kept making snippy comments. She was just much too confident.

"Master Yoda says I'm your padawan." she says proudly.

"What?!" I exclaim, aghast. "When?!"

"Just like, a rotation ago." She rolls her eyes.

I sigh. This must be a mistake. The battle is pretty smooth, and I am even confident that we might win. However, just as the clones fire their new round of cannonballs, a red shield emerges from the ranks of yellow clankers.

"Energy shield." I mutter. The clones groan.

"The cannons are never getting past that." Trip, the clone behind me, complains.

"You need to get past the shield..." Obi-Wan starts.

Ahsoka nods. "Yep!" She pipes up. "We'll go!"

I start to protest, but my former Master's attention is back to the cannons. I mutter some swear words under my mouth before I take Ahsoka and her kriffin attitude away to plan.

We decide to go under the shield. As I prepare to go alone, hiding in the cover of a box, Ahsoka decides to come along. I sigh again. She seems quite uncomfortable in the box, and keeps readjusting her position and looking at her ribs. Finally, impatient, she stands up-- and runs into a droideka.

"Great." I mutter.

She deflects the blasters, and seems to have improved from the previous scuffles.

"Run!" I yell.

She turns around and runs.

"Stop!" I order.

"Make up your mind!" She replies snarkily.

She turns around and slashes the droid with surprisingly good aim, considering she was still a young-- er, padawan.

The next part was tricky. I was going to inch my way slowly, before ordering Ahsoka to set the charges...

"Let's go!" She squeaks, hurrying to the generator.

Tick.

She tripped on an antenna.

"I said to stay behind!!" I hiss through gritted teeth.

She skillfully fights off the droids that had appeared from the ground, while I slashed multiple to pieces. She Force pushes it-- onto another antenna.

Yay.

"Set the charges!" I shout, annoyed, while she gulped guiltily.

As she set them, I was slowly getting cornered.

"C'mon, Snips..." I growl.

"Wait, Master, don't move!" She yell.

She raises her arms to the air. Although she looks peaceful, I could sense some mental turmoil in her mind. Oh Force, did no one teach her mental shields?

'Waaaait, Snips, what are you--"

A huge wall falls behind me! I screech and raise my hands over my head, but I'm not hurt. A cloud of dust pours out from the wall, and I scold Ahsoka in my annoyance.

"You could've killed me!" I snarl, enraged.

She falters a bit. "I know wha I'm doing, Master!" She says, clearly annoyed.

"Did you set the charges?" I yell.

"Yes!" She replies irritably.

"Well then, what are you waiting for?" I say.

She sets them off without another word and sits down dejectedly, rubbing her leg. She looks downcast, and she kicks around the pebbles next to her while the red glow of the shield slowly fades. I hear the distant conversation of two very loud battle droids.

"Uh oh." Droid 1 says. "Where did the shields go?"

"I don't know." Droid 2 says. "Maybe General went to have some food?"

"You dummy!" Droid 1 shouts, smacking Droid 2 in the head. "He never eats right now!"

"Ow." Is Droid 2's only reply.

The start to bicker, and I suppress a laugh. To be honest, fighting next to Ahsoka was fine. In fact, I might say it was fun. So, I sit next to her, and tell her she can be my padawan. She brightens immediately, and smiles.

"Race to who can kill the most droids!" She hollers.

"You're on it!" I shout back. She grins.