Prologue

Pietro and Wanda Maximoff found her foraging  around the back of an alleyway in Sokovia for food, alone. It had been three years since the death of their parents when the twins ran away from their latest cruel foster home and began to make a life in the streets. Now they stood in front of a young girl who looked to be no older than eight years old. When she heard their footsteps, she jumped. The thirteen year old twins exchanged glances, and as if having read each other's minds to come to an agreement.

"Hey." Pietro said gently, "You hungry, little one?"

The little girl looked scared, but she slowly nodded her head.

"Come with us, we'll get you some food." He smiled.

The girl crept over to their sides. She looked up at Pietro before looking at Wanda.

"I'm Wanda Maximoff." Wanda introduced holding out her hand for the girl to take, which she slowly did.

"And I'm Pietro." Pietro said, doing the same.

"We're twins." Wanda explained.

The girl nodded her head. The three walked hand in hand out of the alleyway.

"You'll be safe with us, okay little one?" Pietro asked.

"Okay." She finally spoke up in a quiet voice.

Wanda grinned.

"What's your name?" She asked, looking down.

"Helena."

"No family?" Pietro guessed.

"No." Helena confirmed.

"Well, now you're Helena Maximoff." Pietro said, "And you're a part of our family."

4 Years Later

4 Years Later...