39. All this love

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, we might linger around a bit," Daniel grimaced. "But Clara is more of a snowboarding girl. Not fancying the heath!"

I looked at him and blinked. I was taken aback by the fact that he actually remembered a conversation we had months ago in Barcelona. Plus, it was a mere exaggeration - I didn't fancy the idea of just laying around on the beach, but if there's some fun like playing volleyball, swimming or sailing then it is my place too.

"Well, that is more or less true," I smiled at him. "But I won't say no to a great day at the beach!"

Daniel rolled his eyes but his father clapped happily.

"Ha! Look, Daniel can't stand the thought of the water, but if you'd like I could show you around," he spoke so enthusiastically like we finally arrived at his comfort zone.

"Dad, there's no need...," Daniel sighed but his father hushed him down once more as he saw my grin.

"I have never tried surfing before," I admitted with a blush. "I've read it's a great place for it, and I really want to try it someday."

"Fantastic!" Joe couldn't be happier. "Tomorrow morning we go out and I show you how we do it in Straya," he put down his fork as to seal the deal.

"Oh, Joe is an excellent teacher," Grace smiled at me. "He taught me as well back in the days!"

"And me too," said Michelle, and looked at Daniel with a little accusation in his voice.

"I know, I know," he nodded. "But I just can't stand the thought of being pushed around in the waves! It's cold and so deep." I saw a shiver running through him. I needed to gently touch his arm beneath the table.

"It's okay, I'll be back before you get up."

"Or he could accompany his mother to do the shopping for the party," Grace said and judging by her tone, we knew there's no place for a plea.

After dinner I offered to help clear the table and do the dishes but the two Ricciardo girls were already full on tidying up and ordered us to have a rest - which we needed badly. I yawned long as we entered the guest bedroom.

"Aww, how cute you were," I smiled and I stepped closer to the family photograph hanging on the wall. It showed little Michelle and little Daniel feeding a donkey with some carrots. The little guy held a carrot nearly as big as he was and you could already see those crazy curls in the making I loved so much.

"So," he stepped behind me, and continued to whisper in my ear. Now, it was me who got shivers feeling his warm breath on my skin. I didn't need to see his mischievous smile to know it is there. "You think I am not cute anymore?"

I giggled and turned to face him. His hands immediately found my waist.

I had enough of the talking for the night, so I just kissed him long, and let him guide me to the bathroom to get a hot shower.

~~~

It was still dark when I heard Joe knocking on our door.

"Clara, it's time! The waves are waiting for you!"

I grunted, and tried to snuggle closer to Daniel, though it wasn't possible.

"Now you can feel the torture as well," he murmured into my hair. "Go, and get wet and chilled."

I sighed, and snuck out of the warmth. I tried to think about the fun I was about to have but at that moment Daniel still laying in the bed, looking incredible seemed very much fun. He was peeking at me hugging his pillow now - instead of me.