xx| 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚎 |xx

Start from the beginning

I plopped onto the bed Dari and I were sharing in the hotel. I had already dressed in old jeans and a blue t-shirt. At last, my disguise was a casual person, not some beauty blogger or actress wannabe. I had lost some faith in Ty's ability to select a proper disguise for people after my experience in Belgium, but this helped to make up for it.

"Dari, Dawn, you ready?" I asked.

"Yeah," Dari called from the other room.

"Yuperooney," Dawn said.

I texted Ty in the room next door to see if they were ready. He replied with a thumbs up emoji.

He's really not one to waste energy.

"Let's head down," I told Dawn and Dari.

I opened the door to a chilly wind. I shivered. Couldn't Ty have provided jackets?

The breeze threatened to steal the shoulder-length, brown whig from my head. I resisted the urge to hold it down. That would be a dead giveaway that my hair was fake.

The guys were already waiting in the car. I hurried my pace and opened the car door. Ty was sitting in his usual seat in the middle. He seemed to be going for a rebellious, rocker-teen look since he had long, scraggly black hair, a black ripped shirt and jeans, and three earrings in his nose.

"Hey, glad you could finally join us," Ty said.

I slid into my seat. "How long have you been waiting out here?"

"Half an hour."

"Oh sure. We only arrived here twenty-five minutes ago, but yeah you've been waiting for half an hour." I turned around to look at Jax and Jef in the backseat. "How long have you been waiting?"

"Like, a minute," Jef laughed.

"That's what I thought." I glanced down at Ty's arm. Neon pink letters spelled out 'no regerts.' "Don't you think that's a little bit excessive?"

"Nope!" he said.

"That isn't permanent, right?"

"Of course it is!"

"Because tattooing yourself is against IIA rules."

"Oh, right."

"So it's not permanent?"

Ty grinned sheepishly. "You'll know tomorrow."

I rolled my eyes. Dawn took her seat on the other side of Ty.

"Nice outfit," she told him.

"Thanks."

Of course Dawn would think it's cool. She liked pretty much any music that gave her an excuse to scream at the top of her lungs.

"I'm pulling out now," Finn announced. "Make sure you all have your seatbelts on. Ty, I'm talking to you."

Reluctantly, Ty snapped the safety belt in place.

"Oh, by the way," he said, "I found your mini recorder in the side panel of the car."

I froze. Darn it! I slipped my hand into the plastic compartment and pulled out the recorder. The red recording light was no longer on.

"It was also on, for some reason," Ty added. "I turned it off since I figured you didn't want the battery to be wasted."

Well there goes my plan. Now I don't know if Finn contacted WAOIC.

I forced a smile. "Thanks. Not sure how it got there."

The car lurched backwards as Finn backed out of the parking space.