Chapter Seven

*junior year*

Time passes so quickly in high school. Especially when you've acted like I have.

I haven't changed at all, I'm still me, I'm still who the school thinks is some sort of 'bad boy'.

I still haven't found the one who a lot of my friends say I will meet. I haven't found the one who would supposedly change me.

I hear a small knock on my door. "Come in," I grumble.

"Hey honey, someone bought the house." My mom says excitedly.

"What house?" I ask her.

"The house next door!" She squeals. I roll my eyes at her excited behavior.

"They'll only move out soon because of my excessive noise," I retort.

"Don't be like that! They look nice. They have kids too." She says sweetly. No matter how awful I am to her she's still nice to me. I don't deserve her kindness at all.

"So what," I stand up.

"So make some friends." She suggests.

"They're probably like three years old." I retort as I begin pushing her lightly out of my room.

"Whatever you say," she rolls her eyes and walks out of my room. I shut the door behind her and lock it. Damn neighbors.

•••••

"Cam," I greeted with a crooked smile in front of the school.

"Matt, that guy RJ is totally looking to fight you." He warned.

"What did I do this time?" I rolled my eyes.

"Yo Espinosa!" I heard from behind me. A small crowd was following him and others began to form around us. Fantastic.

"Hello RJ," I greeted sarcastically.

"You made out with my girlfriend? Again? Really man? You know me and Courtney are dating." He snarled.

"Bro she totally came on to me. And I think you mean Courtney and I." I responded. At that he threw a punch towards my face but I dodged it. "Nice swing. But you might want to hit me next time." I suggested.

"I put up with your bullshit last time but you're going down kid." He practically growled at me.

"Calm down," I laughed as he swung and missed another time. "I don't think you want to do this." I warned.

"I want to more than anything!" He yelled and threw another fist at me that I caught and twisted. He yelled out in pain before I let go.

A busty blonde girl with short hair jumped into the circle. "Stop!" She yelled. "You people need to control yourselves and take this fight off campus so you don't get your asses kicked out of the school for it."

"Shut up Rebecca!" Came from the surrounding crowd somewhere and I laughed. She gave me a stern look and then one to RJ before he retreated from me and walked away with his posse of wimps that I could take on all at the same time.

I snickered. That's the last time I'll mess with Courtney though, she's not even a good kisser.

"Control yourself Matthew Espinosa," she says and I smile down at her serious figure.

"Oh shoot! I have to go show the new girl around!" She yelps and runs off.

I turn to Cam who is still standing there. "New girl?"

"I guess so," he shrugs.

"This is gonna be fun," I smirked and walked into the school.