𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

𝐀 𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐍 𝐍𝐄𝐄𝐃
"𝑁𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑐𝑎𝑛 𝑤𝑒𝑎𝑟 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝑐𝑎𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑎𝑏𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑝𝑒𝑜𝑝𝑙𝑒."
—𝑆.𝐸. 𝐻𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑜𝑛, 𝑇ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑊𝑎𝑠 𝑇ℎ𝑒𝑛, 𝑇ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝐼𝑠 𝑁𝑜𝑤

𝐈
— 𝑀𝑎𝑟𝑎 —

𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 time in eight days, Mara felt nothing but peace and happiness as she nestled into Diego's side and let out a sigh. For once, she didn't need to stress over the end of the world, for the well-being of the family, or whether or not she would survive to see the next day.

She looked towards Diego, who smiled and planted a short kiss on her lips. He pulled the covers further up over them before wrapping his arm around her and pulling her closer.

He placed a hand on her cheek, his eyes flickering over her face as he caressed her skin with his thumb. "I'm so glad I got that sling off."

She rolled her eyes in amusement, shaking her head as she cuddled into him, his warm, bare skin against hers. "I'm glad you decided to not go murder two people."

"For now," he muttered, his eyes flicking from her lips to her eyes.

"Diego."

"I'm just sayin'," he said with a shrug.

"All right," Mara sighed, rolling her eyes.

Diego gave her a small grin before leaning forward and capturing her lips in his, moving his lips slowly as he skimmed his hand down to her outer thigh and lightly squeezing it.

He pushed himself up so that he was hovering over her, and began to kiss her rather roughly, his hands beginning to roam her body more and more before she laughed lightly and pushed him off of her.

Ignoring his groan of annoyance, she got off of the bed and grabbed her clothes from the floor before quickly slipping them on, well aware of the fact that Diego was watching and savouring every last moment of her bare body.

She looked over at him as she pulled her shirt over her head and raised her eyebrows. "You should put some clothes on, too."

Still grumbling to himself about how he wanted to spend more time with her, he picked up his clothes and quickly put them on before clicking on his gear.

Before Mara could say anything else, Diego stepped in front of her, quickly placing his lips on hers as he clutched her waist with his hands.

A little startled, Mara kissed him back, wrapping her arms around his neck as he tilted his head to deepen the kiss.

Keeping his lips engaged with hers, he gently pushed her back against the wall, his kiss becoming more passionate as he pressed his body against hers.

He then separated from her before placing kisses along her jawline and down her neck, a smirk coming onto his face as she let out a soft moan.

Diego's lips returned to hers as his hands slid down to her hips, and he began fiddling with the button of her pants.

Mara drew back and laughed as she pushed him away before sternly telling him, "No, you're done for today."

"Oh, come on, baby," he groaned, scrunching his nose. "Just a little more."

She placed a short kiss on his lips before shaking her head and walking towards the door. "Let's go see if Vanya's shown up."

Mara heard Diego's footsteps trailing behind her as she headed down the stairs and towards the main foyer.

She suddenly paused at the bottom step, her eyebrows furrowing as she heard a familiar voice. Her eyes widened as they drifted towards the living room, then matching the voice to a face and name.