𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

𝐍𝐎𝐈𝐒𝐄 𝐀𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐀𝐃
"𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑚𝑖𝑛𝑑 𝑖𝑠 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑎 𝑣𝑒𝑠𝑠𝑒𝑙 𝑡𝑜 𝑏𝑒 𝑓𝑖𝑙𝑙𝑒𝑑 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑎 𝑓𝑖𝑟𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑏𝑒 𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑑𝑙𝑒𝑑."
—𝑃𝑙𝑢𝑡𝑎𝑟𝑐ℎ

𝐈
— 𝑀𝑎𝑟𝑎 —

"𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍' 𝐒𝐔𝐍𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐄."

Mara slowly opened her eyes, squinting them as they were met with an uncomfortably bright light.

Diego was standing at the edge of her bed, a small smile on his face as he gazed down at her. He was already dressed for the day, wearing the same clothes with his gear and sling overtop, leading her to wonder whether he had even taken any of it off the night previous before going to sleep.

She pulled her covers higher up over her as she groaned softly, "What do you want?"

Diego scoffed, his eyebrows raising, "I can't come to say good morning?"

"Not at" —she leaned up, her eyes still squinted as she checked the time on her clock— "seven-thirty in the morning. It's too early."

"Early?" he repeated incredulously as he glanced over at the clock. "Don't you usually have classes at this time?"

She nodded slowly, her eyes fluttering to a close as she murmured, "That's why I'm enjoying my time now."

"Here, why don't I enjoy it with you?" he suggested.

"Huh?" Mara opened her eyes once more to see that Diego had pulled aside the blanket and was slipping into the left of her bed, a small grin on his face. "Oh. Okay."

She shifted over towards the right so that he had more room to come in without hurting his injured arm, and pulled the blanket over him once he had settled in.

Sleepily, she turned onto her side with the plan to cuddle into him before realizing that he still had his utility gear—that was chock-full of knives—on.

She lightly whacked him on the arm as she mumbled, "Take off your shit, you fucking idiot."

"So mean," he commented slyly, but complied nonetheless, the clicking of metal filling the room as he unlatched the gear and gently tossed it to the ground.

"Because I'm tired," she replied, then nestling into him as she rested her hand on his chest, unable to see the smile on his face as she tucked her face into his side.

"I can tell."

"Shh." She closed her eyes as she put her hand over his mouth, patting it lightly. "Sleep."

𝐈𝐈
— 𝑀𝑎𝑟𝑎 —

About half an hour later, the two of them were woken by the sound of knocking.

Mara let out a soft groan, giving a glare to Diego as he chuckled before calling, "Come in."

"Hey, Ma—" Luther paused as he stepped in, then registering the fact that Diego was also in her bed. His eyes squinted, and an awkward expression came over his face as he slowly murmured, "Oh, uh, are you . . . busy?"

"Hi, Luther," she yawned before shaking her head. "No, we were just sleeping. What do you want?"

He nodded, seeming reassured before he stepped closer and sighed. "I figured, with Five being gone and all . . . We should probably tell everyone what he told us."

"Oh, sure." She nodded as she ran a hand through her hair, her fingers brushing through all the tangles that had formed. "Let's do that."

"Okay." Luther gave her a quick nod as he backed up towards the door. "Fifteen minutes, living room. "