CHAPTER 43 - 44

Chapter 43

TL:Zimming

It's all because of me. All because of me.

Come to think of it, ever since Diana entered school, Blake's condition began to deteriorate.

In the novel, Blake was seriously ill in the year he turned 11. But it was after the Festival of Lights. It wasn't this early.

It's all because of me. All because of me.

I held Blake's hand tightly. His left hand was always cold. Perhaps because the sentence of the curse, it was cold and often numb.

I used to hold Blake's hand when he fell asleep. But no matter how hard I tried, the place where the curse spread did not get warm.

"I'm sorry. Your Highness, I was greedy."

Diana is the only one who can lift Blake's curse. I knew it, but I was greedy because I want to stay by his side.

I don't know if the person who showed me the past and led me to Tenlarn Palace is really the goddess or someone else in charge of this world, but I thought I knew the reason why they showed me the golden door that had nothing to do with solving the curse by using Macul.

Phillip is much worse than I think, and the Goddess of Light will not forgive him. It is to stop my false hope.

"I won't be greedy. So please, please don't let Blake get sick..."

I prayed. I couldn't tell whether I was praying to the goddess of light who cursed him or to the god who was in charge of the world in this novel.

In the original novel, I could see why Tenstheon was deceived by Richard's black magic.

"It's my fault. I'll leave as soon as Blake wakes up. So please..."

"....Don't go."

I looked up in surprise. Blake's crimson eyes were looking at me.

"Your Highness, are you awake? How are you feeling? I'll call the doctor right away!"

As I rushed out of my chair, Blake grasped my hand tightly.

"Ancia, don't go."

"Your Highness."

"You can't go...Don't leave..."

"Ah, I'm not going. Where am I going?"

I couldn't tell him I was going to go away in front of his desperate eyes. I shook my head reflexively.

"Promise me..."

His voice sounded weak. Then he closed my eyes again.

***

Blake didn't wake up the next day. He opened his eyes for a while last night, but only told her not to go, and he lost consciousness again.

His breathing was feeble and his body temperature kept rising.

"He has never pass out for this long. He still unconscious for 4 days?"

"Shh. Her Highness might hear you."

Outside the door I could hear Hans and Melissa's voice. Now they could no longer pretend to be calm.

I held Blake's hand tightly. I wish I was Diana. Blake might not be ill if I am her.

She is the heir to the light. Even if she hadn't done many things, she would be much more helpful than me.

"Your Highness, I'm sorry."