Chapter-1

Dimitri POV

I was guarding Vasilisa when she went to her room and invited Christian and Rose over. They were having a normal conversation to which I wasn't really paying attention until I heard the name I haven't heard in years but I would never forget.

"Hey guys I forgot to tell you my aunt Izabelle is coming for Christmas, I told her about you both and she is very excited to meet you," Christian said, hearing Izabelle's name brought back so many memories, our friendship, my crush on her for as long as I can remember. I had no idea how she would even look after so many years. My guess is beautiful as always.

"Oh wow, that's great Christian." Lissa replied with a smile.

"And she said she knows guardian Belikov from school." Christian said, looking at me.

"Is that right Comrade?" Rose asked looking at me with a curious look.

"Yes, that's right. She's an old friend of mine. Izabelle, Ivan, and I were best friends in school, we were inseparable, and we haven't met each other since Ivan's funeral." I replied. Rose gave me a small sad smile and even Christian and Lissa looked sad about this.

"So are you excited to meet her?" Lissa asked changing the subject.

"It would be nice to meet my best friend after so many years." I replied, trying to keep my guardian mask in place. But still thinking about the girl who took my breath away every time I saw her. Her beautiful face, big brown chocolate eyes, full plump lips, silky brown hair, and her awesome laugh.

I really was excited, it has been years since I have seen or talked to her, and I always had a crush on her or maybe I was in love with her when we were in school but the feeling wasn't mutual. And I guess I still felt the same, maybe that's the reason I never had feelings for anyone else right?

"Oh no Christmas is like in less than fifteen days, I have to buy her a gift. So what does she look like, and what is she like? Tell me about her." Lissa asked Christian, panicking. Christian smiled then replied.