Chapter 5

“W-what’s happening?” Midoriya’s eyes fluttered open slowly, but he still couldn’t see anything. He felt the cloth around his eyes, blindfolding him. He tried to move, but his hands were tied behind his back and his feet were tied to each front leg of the chair he could feel himself sitting in. He heard the light clinks of the chains that held him, but for some reason he couldn’t activate his quirk.

Unbeknownst to Midoriya, the chains were specifically manufactured to dull quirks. So, he still had his quirk he just couldn’t use it. On top of that, when Toga stabbed him and knocked him out there was a quirk nullifying serum in there as well that pretty much numbed Midoriya’s ability to use his quirk. With someone as strong as Midoriya, the villains just had to take proper precautions. He panicked slightly before a familiar voice broke the silence.

“Sweet little Izuku~” Dabi sweetly whispered into Midoriya’s ear. Midoriya flinched and moved his head away from the sound, hearing Dabi laugh in response.

“You have no right to call me that.” Midoriya said, his voice shaking slightly. Suddenly there was a hand on his shoulder, and he could feel Dabi next to his head again. Midoriya tensed up, and he could feel his lips shaking. He was terrified, but he did his best to mask his fear. He didn’t want to give Dabi the satisfaction.

“I’ll call you whatever I want to kitten~” Dabi whispered again, teasing Midoriya.

“You won’t get away with this Dabi!” Midoriya spit out sternly. He tried to sound confident and demanding but his fear slipped out and made his words waver.

“I already have.” Dabi whispered again, then leaned closer and nibbled the top of Midoriya’s ear. Midoriya jumped and shuddered, moving his ear down against his shoulder.

“What do you want from me?!” Midoriya cried out. The blindfold was really starting to bother him. He hated that he couldn’t see Dabi, although he could perfectly envision an evil smirk on his face.

“Well, personally I want a lot from you. You’re pretty damn cute.” Dabi stood and chuckled.

“What do you want from me dammit?” Midoriya demanded again.

“Temper, temper,” Dabi tsked his tongue and chuckled. “You see, the question isn’t what we want from you but rather what we want with you.” Midoriya could tell by Dabi’s voice that he was circling him.

“I don’t understand…” Midoriya mumbled weakly.

“Let me clear things up for you then kitten.” Dabi brushed his hand through Midoriya’s hair and he shuddered. “You see, we finally managed to figure out All Might’s weakness.” Midoriya could feel Dabi smirking.

“He doesn’t have any weaknesses.” Midoriya snapped. Dabi pulled Midoriya’s blind fold down so that it hung around his neck. Midoriya opened and closed his eyes a few times to adjust to the light. He studied his surroundings for a moment, he was stuck in a tiny little wooden room. There was a single light hanging above his head and a small little TV screen in the top left corner above the door.

“Bullshit.” Dabi growled. Midoriya flinched away slightly, and then Dabi continued to circle Midoriya. “He is awfully fond of you, you know.” He snickered.

“He loves all his students—” Midoriya began.

“Yes! But not how he loves you. You’re like a son to him. You’re special to him.” Dabi stopped behind Midoriya and waited a moment for a response.

“What do you plan to do with me then?” Midoriya asked, averting the topic of All Might being fond of him.

“Hmm.” Dabi nodded his head and then continued his circles but began moving slower and more dramatic.

“Well, we decided to kidnap you and use you against All Might. Simple really. We beat you, torture you, and break you until All Might decides to surrender himself to us.”

“He’d never do that! He’s the symbol of peace!” Midoriya screamed and jerked his hands against his chains but they didn’t budge. Dabi laughed.

“Oh, don’t sell yourself so short kitten. He’d do anything for you, and we know it. And lucky for you I’ll be right here the whole time.” Dabi smiled at Midoriya before turning and walking away towards the door. He stopped for a moment then turned back to look at Midoriya.

“See you later kitten~” Dabi laughed as he opened the door and closed it. Midoriya could hear the slight click as he locked it. Midoriya just hung his head and began to stare at the floor intently. So much was going through his head, so many questions that he didn’t have answers to.

It doesn’t make any sense…Would All Might really do that for me? No, he wouldn’t, he can’t. But what about Kacchan? Midoriya’s thoughts suddenly went to his childhood friend. He knew that Bakugou wouldn’t hesitate to come for him, and that was slightly terrifying. Even though they hadn’t directly said it, it was obvious that they have both acknowledged the connection between them.

His determination in unbelievable, he’ll do whatever it takes to find me. I’m afraid that he’s already on his way. He could get himself killed. I hope he doesn’t find me…I don’t want him to risk his life for me…However,…. I can’t help but pray that he does find me…. Please save me…
---------------------------------------------------------

“Tomura what’s our next move?” Dabi asked as he sat down at the bar.

“What do you mean?” Shigaraki turned to face Dabi on his stool, hand scratching at his neck.

“About the kid. You saw how that explosive brat reacted when we took him. He’s probably on his way with some of his other foolish classmates, or he will be soon.” Dabi took a sip of the glass of tequila that Kurogiri had just poured for him.

“They’ll probably get here long before All Might. If we want our plan to work, we may need to act sooner than anticipated.” Dabi said again and finished the glass, waving to Kurogiri to make him another one. Shigaraki nodded and thought for a moment.

“You may be right…” His voiced trailed off as he glanced to the small television in the corner of the room. Tomura stared at the screen, which was playing the nightly news. Tomura then snapped out of his momentary trance and started giving out orders to the villains, mostly last-minute preparations and making sure everyone understood the plan.

Finally, he turned to Dabi, “Break the kid. I don’t care how just do it. I want him in tears and his spirits broken when I broadcast the transmission to All Might. He better not have any light left.” Shigaraki hissed with a finger pointed at Dabi. Dabi nodded and chuckled a bit as he stood.

“My pleasure.”
As everyone split off to do their assigned tasks, Dabi made his way back over to Midoriya’s little room. He opened the door and let himself inside, locking himself in with Midoriya. He placed the key into his pocket and smiled at Midoriya maliciously. Midoriya shuddered and stared at him with wide fearful eyes.

“This is gonna be fun.” Dabi growled as he made his way towards Midoriya.