Chapter 4

The next day the boys walked down to the main building together. It was the common area, cafeteria, and teacher’s quarters. The common room was a fairly small room with a large tv mounted on the wall. There were chairs and sofas as well as a little food/coffee bar. Kind of like the ones set up in hotels. As the two boys walked inside, they noticed that everyone else in their class was already down there, and they were gathered around the TV. Midoriya ran up ahead of Bakugou to see what was up. As he approached, he began to notice everyone’s expressions, they were sad and concerned. Midoriya looked up to the screen and felt Bakugou stop behind him. Midoriya looked up at the screen confused, it was live video feed of the teachers patrolling the island.

“Oi shitty hair, what the hell is going on here?” Bakugou grumbled. Kirishima sighed and glanced back at the group before pulling Bakugou and Midoriya aside to explain. They walked across the room and Kirishima crossed his arms, giving another solemn glance to the screen while leaning against the wall.

“Tsu woke up this morning to blood spilled across her cabin….” Kirishima paused, sighing. “And Uraraka was missing.” Bakugou and Midoriya looked at each other, Midoriya’s eyes wide with fear. They looked back to Kirishima.

“The teachers left right away to search for her and told us to stay here and wait until they got back. We aren’t to leave under any circumstances.”

“What?!” Bakugou screamed.

A couple of their classmates glanced over, then turned away sadly. Midoriya just stood there, his mouth open in shock. While Bakugou continued to yell at Kirishima, Midoriya slowly turned away and walked out of the building and investigated the trees. He needed some air, and space to think. It was eerily quiet outside, the wind slow, as it gently swayed through the tree leaves. Up ahead, Midoriya noticed something weird next to the path leading into the forest. He took a step closer and squinted his eyes at the figure, trying to see it better. It looked like someone standing behind a tree, trying to hide themselves. Midoriya walked another few feet away from the building and toward the trees, stepping behind a tree to look at the figure. It was definitely a person, but their back was facing Midoriya, and they were still too far away for Midoriya to see any real distinguishing features. Midoriya was about to move closer when he heard Bakugou call to him from the building.

“Deku, what the hell are you doing?!” Bakugou screamed and came running towards him. A few of their classmates gathered at the doorway, eyeing the situation.

“There was someone—” Midoriya turned back to the figure to point, but they had already disappeared. “What…?” Midoriya whispered to himself, confused.

“What was that?” Bakugou said as he reached Midoriya.

“Nothing Kacchan…” Midoriya glanced back towards where he saw the figure while Bakugou grabbed his hand and started leading him back to the main building. Midoriya moved his eyes forward again, but as they neared the building, he glanced back one more time and saw the figure again. This time, they were closer and Midoriya felt as if they were staring right into his soul. He squeezed Bakugou’s hand slightly and looked away from the trees, an uneasy feeling overwhelming his body. Iida began to lecture Midoriya about how dumb it was to stray so far. Bakugou yelled at Iida, even though he thought the same thing. Midoriya blocked them out and turned to look back into the trees. Something was really wrong; he could feel it. He saw something move out of the corner of his eye and glanced to the side of the building. He saw someone run past the corner.

“Guys…” Midoriya spoke, but everyone was too busy yelling at each other. Midoriya shrugged and turned as he slowly made his way to the side of the building. He poked his head around the corner and noticed a figure standing about halfway down, his back to Midoriya.

“Aizawa?” Midoriya asked as he turned the corner and took a few steps towards the figure. It had to be right, who else could it be? It had to be a teacher, it had to be. So why did he feel so wrong?

“Hmph. Guess again.” The figure turned around and smirked maliciously.

“D-Dabi?!” Midoriya muttered and stumbled back in surprise. No, this couldn’t be right, there isn’t supposed to be a way for villains to find them…

“That’s right.” Dabi grinned and took a few steps towards Midoriya. Midoriya heard rustling to his left in the trees and jerked his head over to see Shigaraki emerging from the trees, hands in his pockets. Midoriya stumbled backwards more, activating his quirk.

“Kacchan!” Midoriya screamed, knowing that he would need help. However, right after he screamed he felt a sharp pain in his neck. His quirk shut off and he turned around to see Toga smiling at him. His hand pressed against his neck, everything suddenly turning blurry, his head spinning and becoming fogged. Midoriya opened his mouth to speak but quickly fell to the ground, out cold. Bakugou heard his name and realized that Midoriya was missing. He followed the sound and ran around the side of the building, followed by Iida, Todoroki, and Kirishima. As Bakugou ran around the corner he froze. Shigaraki and Toga were climbing into one of Kurogiri’s portal’s and Dabi was standing behind them, his back to Bakugou and the others. He slowly turned around and revealed Midoriya passed out in his arms. Dabi held Midoriya bridal style and smirked at Bakugou, taunting him.

“Deku!” Bakugou blasted himself in the air towards Dabi. Dabi carefully set Midoriya’s legs down, still holding his torso up and created a wall of blue flames to stop Bakugou. Bakugou stopped at stared through the fire as the others started running towards them.

“You should keep the things you love closer you know?” Dabi leaned down and kissed Midoriya on the cheek, staring Bakugou in the eye as he did so. He picked up Midoriya’s legs and walked into the portal with manic laughter.

“Dabi you bastard!” Bakugou screamed at the top of his lungs as the others finally reached him. Todoroki cast his ice and put out Dabi’s flames, but by then the portal had closed and they were gone. Bakugou fell to his knees and felt the tears fall from his eyes. He tried to stop them but couldn’t. He covered his face with both hands and sobbed into them.

“Guys look!” Kirishima yelled and pointed. In place of the portal was Uraraka’s bloody body. Kirishima and Iida rushed to her, while Todoroki stayed and knelt in front of Bakugou, covering his face so no one could see him crying. Iida picked Uraraka up bridal style and rushed her inside.

“She’s still alive!” He yelled and Kirishima followed him.

“Don’t worry Bakugou, we’ll get him back.” Todoroki said
.
“I know that!” Bakugou yelled. He looked up at Todoroki’s eyes and wiped his tears, “But why did they take him in the first place…?” He asked sadly.