Breeze

The warm, black sky felt omnimus at this time. Walking along the dirt path in my school shoes, tight and hard. I slipped them off and threw them against an old oak, won't be needing those anymore. Dragging my hand across the cold surface of the trunk, I looked up at the stars. The bright yellow ball's of gas up there just waiting to explode and die. On a schedule just like humans, just waiting for death, I thought of as my eyes got heavier and heavier as I leaned against the tree trunk. Curling up in a ball, I quickly fell into a deep sleep.
I woke up trembling to a loud tapping right above my ear. Feeling an icy tap on my shoulder, I fluttered up in surprise, only to discover a baby woodpecker. I looked at my watch, wishing that I had fixed when I could. I had no idea what time it was, or even what day it was, it was dark with a little of sunlight. Judging by the position of the sun, I guessed that it was the morning. Realizing the ruckus I must have caused, I pulled my sweater tighter and solemnly walked back to my house, wishing I could just disappear.
Once I got home, my mom was waiting at the door and ran into my arms, before lecturing me about running away, I was too tired to talk so I just stared at the wall. Hearing a knock on the door, I thankfully ran to the door and flung it open. Feeling a gust of the cold breeze, then warm. "Liv!" I sobbed "I'm so sorry, it was ju-", "I'm so glad you are okay!" She interrupted. I explained the whole thing to her and my moms leaving nothing out, except of the icy tap, thinking nothing of it.
***
3 hours later, it was all back to normal, I was mostly forgiven other than the 2 week grounding from mom. I walked around the house to the backyard, crying silent tears. Sitting in between the tree and our fence I thought about what had happened. Suddenly, I felt it again, the icy tap. A cold gust of wind blew me forward, right into the fence. "Add a broken nose to the list of this that have gone wrong today", I thought sarcastically. Then it came again but from another direction. I lay down to get out if the way of the wind, but I couldnt, the wind was pushing me up. Looking in the distance, I saw nothing but blue skies. The wind got stronger until everything was flying up in the air, I stood up in a panic, my eyes darting around, trying to find where to go, all I could see was dust. Dropping onto my hands and knees, I crawled to the house. I ran inside, my eyes darted to my mom, seeing the colour drain out of her face. I ran upstairs, yelling to my siblings, they came out of their rooms disturbed, I yanked up my little sis, yelling to my brother, "Jack, I've got Lily, being mom downstairs now" I exclaimed in a panic. Running downstairs, I looked around. Lily and jack were here. "Wheres mom", I yelled at the top of my lungs over the roaring storm. "Shes not here!" Jack described. I handed Lily to Jack and raced upstairs.
From the Author: Sorry that I haven't been posting, I was extremely busy, but I will post the next chapter by tomorrow to make up for it. Thanks for reading!