Prologue: Reason For Vengeance

Curtis and Cayde were flying to the Prison of Elders to help their old ally Petra Venj.

“So why did Petra call us here?” Curtis asked Cayde as Cayde looked at Curtis while cleaning his gun.

“She called us because of a prison riot that has somehow released most of the prisoners.” Cayde says to Curtis as he nods to Cayde, seeing the Prison of Elders coming into view.

“I remember coming here a while ago and having to kill Skolas. At that time I could barely control the Kaioken at times 10.” Curtis said as Cayde looked at him and smiles.

“Now look at you using times 20 like it’s nothing.” He says as Curtis smiles.

“Well when you have to fight against the vex in the black garden and kill the black heart, fight against Crota, like I said earlier kill Skolas.” Curtis started to say as Cayde pointed at him.

“Nice trick with Either by the way. How did you know it was flammable?” Cayde asked as Curtis shrugged.

“I just panicked and went with my instinct, anyways I also had to fight the taken king, fend off an outbreak of Siva, fight Ghaul alone since Kale had to hold off the Cabal down in the city that were being led by the general, and then have to go through time to kill a vex god basically, Kaioken x20 was an easy feat. But of course I wasn’t alone against any of it but you get the idea.” Curtis tells Cayde as he smiles.

“And I'm proud of you. Ever since we found you, Kale, and Yeeter in those pods you have done nothing but good for everyone and keep on making me and your mother proud.” He said as Curtis grins at him.

“Thanks dad.” Curtis said to Cayde as they closed in on the prison.

“Alright get ready to land.” Cayde said as Curtis nodded and walked to the exit ramp of the ship and he opened it and jumped out and flew down to the prison.

    Once I reached the walkway to the prison I hit the ground and slid across the floor coming to a walking pace as Cayde came in and transmated in by me and we walked toward Petra Venj.

“Hey Petra how’s it going?” I asked her as she smiles at us.

“Well, like I called you, we got a prison riot going on right now.” She says as I smile knowing I get to crack a few skulls tonight.

“So what are you packing for this party?” Cayde asked as she smiles

“Meh, the usual.” Petra says, pulling out her knife.

“Bringing a knife to a gunfight I see.” I say to her as she looks at me.

“Says the one that punches things.” She says to me as I raise my hands

“Got me there.” I said to her as Cayde got excited.

“OOH, do the thing.” Cayde says as Petra levitates her knife then grabs it.

“Oh that will never not freak me out.” Cayde says as he points to her.

“Do it again.” He says as I laugh.

“Later.” She says putting away her knife.

“Alright, so I figured that most of the prisoners are out running around on the upper levels but what about the arena and lower levels?” I asked her as we got somewhat serious.

“They remain on lockdown but if the core security system fails then containment is going to be a problem.” Petra says as I crack my knuckles and my neck.

“Just another day at the office.” Cayde says as Petra nods and runs into the prison.

“Alright partner this is a Cayde riff in 6, watch me for the changes and uh, try to keep up.” Cayde says to me as I fold my arms and look at him.