Thoughts

Classic lounged on the couch in his house, pondering about how to make Nightmare feel less lonely. Classic could still remember how lonely Nightmare looked when he had left the last time. Unfortunately, Classic couldn't think of anything.
"Brother! I'm going to Undyne's place to train!" Papyrus shouted, then paused as he glanced at Sans, who hadn't moved. "BROTHER!"
Sans jolted. "What?" He had been so lost In thought, he hadn't heard what papyrus has said.
Papyrus sighed and repeated his earlier statement, which sans nodded to and reminded papyrus to be safe. Sans hesitated for a moment, and then asked his brother how to cheer someone up. Papyrus was, of course, overjoyed that sans was putting effort into something and enthusiastically told him that a home cooked meal was the best remedy for loneliness. Sans told his brother he would take it into consideration, and Papyrus left soon after, leaving sans alone with his thoughts.

A home-cooked meal, huh? That sounds like way too much for a lazy pile of bones like me. But then again, something about nightmare made sans want to put in the effort. It was so refreshing and stabilising to have a friend that wasn't in constant danger of being murdered by a genocidal child. Sans sat there for a few more minutes, stunned by his own willingness to actually do stuff, then decided to get off his butt and do something productive while he was in the mood for it.

"Okay then, cooking it is," sans muttered to himself as he set off towards the kitchen. Sans, of course, knew how to cook a little bit, because how else would he have been able to raise papyrus? Eventually, sans decided to make cookies, because why the heck not.

As sans began making cookies, he was surprised by how much fun he was having. He had forgotten how enjoyable some things were, and sans realized that his friendship with Nightmare was helping him break out of his normal depressing routine. Sans felt alive, more so than he had felt for a long time. And he was loving it.

With Nightmare...

Nightmare was enjoying some time alone while guarding the tree. He had a book that he'd read a hundred times in his hands, and his thoughts started to wander. Namely, they wandered to a specific skeleton. Classic seemed like he would become a great friend. Something about classic made him feel like he belonged, which was a big contrast to how he usually felt. Nightmare always felt ostracized by everyone, but classic immediately accepted him and made time feel at peace. Nightmare had to admit that it was an amazing feeling. Plus, classic was pretty cute. Nightmare hoped that classic would visit again soon.

————————————————————
Hey guys! Sorry this one is a lot shorter than usual. I wanted this chapter to focus on their thoughts about each other because I thought that would be cute. If you didn't see the tags, I'm aiming for more slow burn romance, but it will speed up later on. But if that's not your thing, that's fine.